Notices

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
I knew it! Changing the first post, again.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Looks like stock SDK theme with new icons and background. Keep up the good work anyways.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by weymouthstan View Post
Um... Michele is 'Michael' in Italian.
This reminds me of a movie called Eurotrip

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by anonym View Post
Huh, it looks like more of an icon theme... All those graphics (except the icons) appear to be from Nokia's green theme template (included with Theme Maker). Can he get away with selling themes which consist primarily of Nokia's graphics? I guess it depends on the license used by the Nokia theme... Plankton was cc-by-sa, but I don't see any specific licensing on the green template.

Not trying to be critical here; it's always good to have more themes, even if they aren't comprehensive.
Um, if I'm reading his site correctly he won't be selling the theme with the stock icons, it will be free.

The "Premium" theme (the one you could buy) will include his Zeta design icons.

Which look^ pretty dang good if you ask me.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-01-10 at 23:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Green theme is CC and if you use default icons they are not in your package so your really not selling them.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Um, if I'm reading his site correctly he won't be selling the theme with the stock icons, it will be free.

The "Premium" theme (the one you could buy) will include his Zeta design icons.

Which look^ pretty dang good if you ask me.
Oh, I guess I missed that. I'm still kinda confused... Without the icons, isn't it just a stock Nokia theme with a different wallpaper? Also, the Premium version with the icons would presumably still contain all those Nokia-owned theme graphics, unless he's actually packaging the icons by themselves.

Last edited by anonym; 2010-01-10 at 23:59.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Green theme is CC and if you use default icons they are not in your package so your really not selling them.
I couldn't find a license for the green theme. Under US copyright law, things are copyrighted by default unless the author declares otherwise. Not sure how it is in other countries. If it is CC licensed, it's most likely cc-by-sa, meaning that derivatives also need to be under the same (or a compatible) license.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Oh, I guess I missed that. I'm still kinda confused... Without the icons, isn't it just a stock Nokia theme with a different wallpaper? Also, the Premium version with the icons would presumably still contain all those Nokia-owned theme graphics, unless he's actually packaging the icons by themselves.
I guess we should send him a tersely worded letter on behalf of all of us armchair lawyers telling him we are happy with the 2 themes Nokia gave us and to not impede on our individual right to rip off other peoples work independently.

Who's with me?

It's nice work, btw.

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I guess we should send him a tersely worded letter on behalf of all of us armchair lawyers telling him we are happy with the 2 themes Nokia gave us and to not impede on our individual right to rip off other peoples work independently.
I totally agree that it'd be ridiculous for Nokia to stop people from making forks of their themes. I'm all for improving on their work. I just thought it'd be kinda funny if he's going to sell the fork and not provide the template/source for free. Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intent.

And you're right, the icons and backgrounds do look good.

The Following User Says Thank You to anonym For This Useful Post:
I couldn't find a license for the green theme. Under US copyright law, things are copyrighted by default unless the author declares otherwise. Not sure how it is in other countries. If it is CC licensed, it's most likely cc-by-sa, meaning that derivatives also need to be under the same (or a compatible) license.
Green Theme is made by Kontorri and if you ask him is CC just like Theme Maker is.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post: