Active Topics

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
What I really like to see is AMOLED display. My personal opinion is that sceen size and resolution in current setup is enought but amoled is really something which I miss from N9.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
You can't be serious Dave. Please mods put this in some other category

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
+1. Actually, the only thing that attracted me here was seeing it updated "by coderus - 13 minutes ago" in the panel on the right. Otherwise, just seeing the title was enough to figure out that this is just another Dave's rant.
+2, do we all have enough experience about Jolla?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
You can't be serious Dave. Please mods put this in some other category
lol @ expecting moderating on TMO.

back to op; Higher screen ressoultion to show webpages full screen and focusing the whole Sailfish OS on a high(er) privacy - something that seems to be lacking at its current state. Especially with Android that close to the core system.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
If privacy is a concern then don't install Android. Problem solved.

5.2inch screen
FHD AMOLED
Almost bezel-less
Front Stereo Loudspeakers
Top-Bottom Dual Microphones
Symmetrical design
64GB NAND + microSD
microUSB with 5V HOST
3,000mAh removable battery
New OtherHalf Implementation
Much updated/modern GUI
etc etc

I'm flattered

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
At the moment that also means having a feature with instead of a smartphone. Everything beyond basic basic browser, simple map app and camera functionality requires using Android stuff.

Since it is a thread started by Dave, I'll end with this picture that is higly relevant.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-12-14 at 23:16.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
At the moment that also means having a feature with instead of a smartphone. Everything beyond basic basic browser, simple map app and camera functionality requires using Android stuff.
Now that is a pretty narrow viewpoint, narrow & thin at least. Just define a smartphone, or featurephone for the matter, please?
About the "Android stuff", I installed it just for curiosity, and tested that it really works, then removed the installation as unnecessary.
What I did install, however was some basic packages via zypper; make, gcc, gcc-c++, kernel-devel, python,... The usual stuff that you have on a smartphone.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Since it is a thread started by Dave, I'll end with this picture that is higly relevant.
Just as relevant as your above utterance

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Then you can tell me what is sent out/accessed by "native" Sailfish apps or the ones to come?

Tags
spam and eggs