Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
Even when i close the app (not quit) I'm still showing that I'm online for other people. Is this normal behavior for yappari? Shouldn't it be that when i close the app it shows that i'm offline but i'm still able to receive messages?
In Yappari you are always online while the application is running because you have a phone with real multitasking!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Nigeria
#word...real multitasking

The Following User Says Thank You to Cozzbie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Just for further information, could someone enlighten me if Yappari has a registration issue due to new WhatsApp registration requiring 6 digits instead of the previous 3?

I've only seen a post by Fallingwater highlighting registration issues but not about the 3 vs 6 digits thing. Asking this as Wazapp seems to be suffering from this in the past few days so was thinking whether Yappari too has it or are there some code differences that allow Yappari to stick to a 3 digit registration mechanism

TIA!
If that's true then that's bad news because I really want to see who is going to hack that...

It has been very hard to hack the Whatsapp protocol lately and another change (like that one) would mean the death of the 3rd party applications for it.

ok so i have the same problem as Fallingwater
i tried registering with yappari, it failed for the first time and asked me to wait for 57 minutes. after that i tried again, it asked me to try again after 24 hours.
Then i rebooted to NITDroid and registered with whatsapp and rebooted back to Maemo. I followed the steps given in the first post which lets me use whatsapp on NITDroid and Maemo. I entered my phone number and it failed again. This time it askes me to wait for 48 hours!! It just refuses to log in on Yappari. I have the latest version of Yappari installed.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
If that's true then that's bad news because I really want to see who is going to hack that...

It has been very hard to hack the Whatsapp protocol lately and another change (like that one) would mean the death of the 3rd party applications for it.
Ah thats a pity then

Thanks for the reply!

Originally Posted by y2krocker View Post
ok so i have the same problem as Fallingwater
i tried registering with yappari, it failed for the first time and asked me to wait for 57 minutes. after that i tried again, it asked me to try again after 24 hours.
Then i rebooted to NITDroid and registered with whatsapp and rebooted back to Maemo. I followed the steps given in the first post which lets me use whatsapp on NITDroid and Maemo. I entered my phone number and it failed again. This time it askes me to wait for 48 hours!! It just refuses to log in on Yappari. I have the latest version of Yappari installed.
That looks like Whatsapp has changed the password encryption method and introduced a new registration method. That would make the "android=true" option to stop working on new registrations using Android.

So it seems like people can't register anymore... (haven't tried myself but looks like it).

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Sorry if this was already reported (is there a proper bugtracker?), but starting from 0.26 the search for contacts got even worse than what I suggested here:

Originally Posted by llucax View Post
Speaking of this, it would be nice if this search behave as in other N900 apps, like the contacts, where when you press 2 letters instead of 1, intead of searching for names that starts with the 2nd letter, it would search for names starting with both letters. Mmm, that explanation sucks, let me put it as an example:
If you have these contacts:
Aaron
Abby
Ben
If you type "a", you are placed over Aaron's contact. If you type "ab", you are placed very briefly over Aaron's contact and then over Ben's contact. In the Contacts application, when you type "ab" it places you at Abby's contact, it searches for the whole string "ab" instead of for singular letters.

I found that behaviour much more useful, and also consistent with regular GTK+ (I use this type-search feature in my PC a lot in different GTK+ applications).

Thanks!
Now I can't search at all, typing any letters in the contact list do nothing.

Other than that, excellent release. Thanks!

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
This bug is already mentioned some pages ago and will be fixed in the next version.

Last edited by Russe89; 2012-12-23 at 21:38.

Originally Posted by Russe89 View Post
This bug is already mentioned some pages ago and will be fixed in the next version.
I don't think it will hit the next version...

I wanna finish a couple of things to make a new release maybe in the repositories so people can start helping with Yappari or maybe take the core and make another client with a better UI since it seems everybody hated my UI.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I don't think it will hit the next version...

I wanna finish a couple of things to make a new release maybe in the repositories so people can start helping with Yappari or maybe take the core and make another client with a better UI since it seems everybody hated my UI.
I didn't know 100% if this bug will be fixed in the next version, SORRY i should have write it little bit different.

Hmm and i don't think everyone hates the UI, how many users has Yappari till now? and there are only few members complaining about the UI, everyone else seems to have no problem with it. I also had my problems in the beginning, but now everything is fine just like it is. Sure here and there could be some improvements, but that is just cosmetics for this application. First of all should the bugs being fixed. Very BIG THANKS for this awesome work!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp