Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
For some reason, mapping my hardware key as CTRL-R for your GTK version wouldn't work most of the time.

The solution I found was using xbindkeys and running this script.

xte 'keydown Control_L' 'key r' 'keyup Control_L'

I'm sending out that signal 3 times all at once now, but still, that seems to only work half of the time.

Anyway, with your QT release, I guess this trick no longer works at all.

Does dial central work with gmail talk? I can set up my gmail account, but, when I try to dial a number I get a message saying invalid number.

I gets confusing with google having google voice (what I'm not interested in) and google talk VOIP service through google chat.

I'm trying to dial a US number and have tried the area code and number and have tried +1 and the number.

I'm not interested in video, just calls.

Can someone fill me in?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by muttleytm View Post
Does dial central work with gmail talk? I can set up my gmail account, but, when I try to dial a number I get a message saying invalid number.

I gets confusing with google having google voice (what I'm not interested in) and google talk VOIP service through google chat.

I'm trying to dial a US number and have tried the area code and number and have tried +1 and the number.

I'm not interested in video, just calls.

Can someone fill me in?
Reposting my response from the other thread: You need to read the thread started by xur17 about yate. It seems to be the only way that has a chance of working for the moment.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Also what version of DC are you running? I had GTalk in their for a bit with the vain hope it might one day work but I removed it at some point.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Also what version of DC are you running? I had GTalk in their for a bit with the vain hope it might one day work but I removed it at some point.
Why did you remove it? The gtalk callback method works (for sufficiently fuzzy definitions of "works").
In qgvdial, when I ask a dial back to my gmail address, it calls back into my gmail webmail client on my desktop.
I know this is probably not a extremely useful thing to most people, but for me it has turned out to be the only way to make a quick phone call for a contact number on my phone.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Why did you remove it? The gtalk callback method works (for sufficiently fuzzy definitions of "works").
In qgvdial, when I ask a dial back to my gmail address, it calls back into my gmail webmail client on my desktop.
I know this is probably not a extremely useful thing to most people, but for me it has turned out to be the only way to make a quick phone call for a contact number on my phone.
I'll have to think about that use case. I was focusing on same-device calls and having it there could be confusing (like in this case).

I also don't think I have the plugin installed on any device including desktop so I can't really validate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I also don't think I have the plugin installed on any device including desktop so I can't really validate it.
I can test it.

I'm using 1.2.33-0 on an 810

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
I tried out 1.3.5 on my N810 to see if it can replace 1.1.13, I have to say it is almost there.
1.) When it triggers my notification light for a voice mail, sms, etc, the light continues to blink even after I refresh the message list. The light should go out after one refreshes the message list.

2.) When more than one DailCentral window is open each window has a generic icon. Why not have it like 1.1.13 when more than one window is open only one DC icon is displayed but with a small number showing the number of open windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by muttleytm View Post
I'm using 1.2.33-0 on an 810
Huh, I normally promote Diablo when I promote Fremantle but I've gone 3 months now without getting sufficient votes, so I've promoted the diablo version.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
I tried out 1.3.5 on my N810 to see if it can replace 1.1.13, I have to say it is almost there.
1.) When it triggers my notification light for a voice mail, sms, etc, the light continues to blink even after I refresh the message list. The light should go out after one refreshes the message list.

2.) When more than one DailCentral window is open each window has a generic icon. Why not have it like 1.1.13 when more than one window is open only one DC icon is displayed but with a small number showing the number of open windows.
For (1) which notification settings are you using?

(2) is most probably a side effect of the way the code was written for Maemo 5 but I could probably detect that and avoid it. File me a bug?