Notices

If yappari did not come out for the n900 i would not of bought another N900 after mine broke. End of!
So yes we do need other apps like viber etc so we can stay up to date with all those other phones out there.
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ast007 For This Useful Post:
I'd strongly caution against adopting Viber, it's even worse than the Skype on N900 - I do not mean the technical implementation, which is quite a feat, but the backend of the closed source application (where the Viber is the same story here). I believe the Yappari 1.0.37 on N900 is amazing (Thank You Scorpius & Tarek);
An alternative would be just to have a WhatsApp "plugin" for Pidgin Messenger/Purple (that's been around for quite some time) including the OTR feature.
Maemo 5 - these days is the "Unicorn" platform enjoying quite unique level of openness and transparency and bringing more "closed" stuff is not the way to go.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
question. can't we run Viber windows client in wine ? there is also a tutorial for it.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
question. can't we run Viber windows client in wine ? there is also a tutorial for it.
If i remember correctly wine on N900 can only run program complied for window CE.

edit:
people are too demanding nowdays:d
1>whatsapp
2>viber
3>wechat
4>line
5>and so on...

their friends move on from one client to another and they start demanding it for N900.

If you are too desparate for such closed source software better buy a cheap android phone.
They have become quite cheap. Haven't they?

Last edited by raaj13; 2013-08-01 at 16:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
If i remember correctly wine on N900 can only run program complied for window CE.

edit:
1>whatsapp
2>viber
3>wechat
4>line
5>and so on...

their friends move on from one client to another and they start demanding it for N900.

If you are too desparate for such closed source software better buy a cheap android phone.
Nope dont want a cheap android to carry around. Would like to see the N900 become a little more modern and extend its life. I would say its closed minded not to want this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post

edit:
1>whatsapp
2>viber
3>wechat
4>line
5>and so on...

who said that i'm disparate for Viber ? i don't even use these services. i was only given suggestion to those people searching for a way to run Viber in N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Spain
Discussions aside: is it possible to implement it?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by tanrax View Post
Discussions aside: is it possible to implement it?
After that long while, probably not

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
After that long while, probably not
before yappari creation lot of people said that whatsapp couldn't run on N900. And what is now? Yappari 1.0.37 is full whatsapp client for our phone... (Sorry for my bad english)

The Following User Says Thank You to murik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by murik View Post
before yappari creation lot of people said that whatsapp couldn't run on N900. And what is now? Yappari 1.0.37 is full whatsapp client for our phone... (Sorry for my bad english)
...which would cease to function the same moment whatsapp inc. changes the authentication/registration algo or application protocol.

(I by no means want to diminish the great job done by Scorpius)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Tags
fvck euros, fvck texas, scofield=idiot, we need bada, whatsapp