Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
I got mines
just playing i have my $500 on stand by, not sure about the these so call codes???
don't need it what i do need is the n810 to hit the store...

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maine & Florida - USA
And, the other group of people may be getting an email that their submission wasn't selected among the happy 500.

I just got my email saying I'm not in. Oh well. It was worth a shot. At least I don't have to worry that a spam filter ate the message I was accepted.

I'm not in either. Actually, I was worrying about what to do if I suddenly receive it. Probably, I should not submit it in the first place. It would mean that I have to buy N810. I'm quite happy with my N800 and I would rather skip N810 model. The only attracting thing is a builtin GPS. But there are other things I do not like: external design, slider keyboard, micro-SD. Another problem is the infamous online store. I have bad experience with it when trying to buy GPS device. After three days of phone calls, where I was required to call them, answering to "verification" questions, finally they required American Express to verify me as well, I've canceled order and ordered GPS quickly, without any "verifications" and 50$ less in another store.

About the project I was planing to do on N810 (it was application for GPS photo-tagging), I've decided to buy Sony's specialized device instead. Funny, it will cost me less, then N810 with discount.

If anyone has a code they are not planning on using, please PM

Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
If anyone has a code they are not planning on using, please PM
Me too please

I gots mine too! Thanks a million Ari and Nokia! I was part of N800 device program too I was hoping this time round I'd get it; but I wasn't confident since I got it the last time.

Once again thanks guys; you rock! Can't wait to buy my promo N810!

(I am giving a lecture in college soon about Linux to ~200 people; hopefully I get my N810 in time for some serious showing off!!!)

I got the negative one as well.. if there's a new program for the mythical N900 maybe I'll reapply then. Oh well, I won't be able to assist much when people ask N810-specific questions. Anyway I'll be concentrating more on development for the N800 (that's the plan anyway). And I still hope the next tablet will be full-size, dual SD! (Actually it would better be described as SD+upgradeable internal storage..)

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I got the negative one as well.. if there's a new program for the mythical N900 maybe I'll reapply then. Oh well, I won't be able to assist much when people ask N810-specific questions. Anyway I'll be concentrating more on development for the N800 (that's the plan anyway). And I still hope the next tablet will be full-size, dual SD! (Actually it would better be described as SD+upgradeable internal storage..)
Yup... No soup for me either.

Hi, Your application hasn't been accepted to the N810 maemo device program.Having 900 submissions and 500 discounts we had to make some choices. We have just published the list of accepted applicants athttp://maemo.org/news/announcements/view/500_fortunate_applicants.html This is by no means an evaluation of the validity your proposal. We hadsome criteria in mind and we tried to distribute the discounts to avariety of proposals and profiles. We invite you to push your plansforward, or at least continue progressing in the maemo community. Nexttime (if we have a next time for another discount program) you will havebetter chances. The maemo project offers you its infrastructure to host projects,collaborate, publish news, select and promote the best software... Welook forward to continue seeing you at http://maemo.org Thank you for sharing your ideas! maemo team - http://maemo.org

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
In my opionon, everyone that bought the N800 should get a discount on the n810 .........

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Xyzo View Post
For what I've understood on maemo-users ML, the N810 will come in France with an AZERTY keyboard.

omg ... then i'm hoping for an advice.
Can i get the device only from stores or can it be ordered online with a QWERTY keyboard?
Mine will be picked by a friend in Paris and send it to me (my precious) mileeees away (like n800 was, my dear country lacks many things i see ...)