Notices

Alright...linux techies, don't slaughter me with anti-AOL stuff. Be kind.
I have an account with AOL for the last 15+ years and can't seem to let it go. Anyhow, have tried to login to the html mail via aol.com (get error which prohibits me from seeing any of my mail) as well as through the smtp on the 770 resident email program. Via smtp, I have set up the proper ports and I can send messages however, seemingly working, it does not retrieve any messages (even though I know they are there). With the problematic resident email software, AOL via html would be preferable. Any help? Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to J.D.R. For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Will AOL web mail work via Opera from the desktop? Also, if it's just freaking out about the browser telling it that it's Opera, I believe there's a way to spoof a different browser in a post somewhere here.

That's the point. When logging into aol web mail using included browser (I assume Opera), one receives an error message that reads "JavaScript Alert do4.webmail.aol.com An error occurred while requesting addresses from the server. If this problem continues, please see our technical support information at http://d04.webmail.aol.com/15106/aol/en-us/Shared/help.aspx"

Last edited by J.D.R.; 2006-01-12 at 21:15.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm just wondering if 770's flavour of Opera isn't fully compatible, or if it's Opera itself. If Opera from a desktop won't work then there's your answer (most likely). I've also noticed that a lot of larger companies (namely those with support desks for end users) will support IE & FireFox and if any other browser ID is received, default to an error. (The 'non supported' browsers may work but they don't want to allow them since they're just that, 'not supported', and they don't want to deal with the potential flood of calls that take up support resources.)

Works no problem on Opera from my Desktop Computer.

Bizarre, my guess then be that it's due to the stripped down version we're running. Maybe try one of the other browsers? (They're even more stripped down however)

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/Applicati...9ce35e5181e993