As haven't taken to XA2 as daily driver due to it's poor battery consumption and poor GPS fix, it become necessary to replace my tired old Xperia X Compact (love it's form factor being similar to N9) and ran into a few issues this time around.

Found a new F5321 from HongKong box marked Sl 1304-8919 Rev2 2G/3G/LTE EN,ZH. with HK customisation It arrived all shrink wrapped with UK charger and strangely came with this message, which I just thought for warranty purposes:-
"VERY IMPORTANT : we choose the best fast operation system for your smartphone, please do not try to flash or root the phone for a diffrent operation system"

Thought that I would downgrade to MM to allow TABackup as carried out previously on several occasions, but on booting device elicited "NFC Update" screen which subsequently showed as "Failed". "Googling" only elicits reference to Xperia Z3 in the past. As a consequence NFC is greyed out although little hardship when Sailfish OS intended. There were no issues unlocking boot loader upon device.

As tend to flash SailfishOS using Homebrew upon MacOSX when I came to flash patched imagehttps://github.com/g7/sailfishx-patcher-f5321 it elicited "Searching device to flash.. Found device with vendor id '0fce': Vendor ID: 0x0fce: Fastboot command: fastboot -i 0x0fce". Took a while to find out this is due to old version of android-platform tools and carrying out "brew update" not sufficient and need to input
HTML Code:
brew cask install android-platform-tools
which gives option to re-install newer version.

Before bootloader unlock Sony Companion didn't want to carry out Software Repair upon device and whilst device could be flashed successfully using Emma, every firmware tried elicited the same NFC Update Firmware failure upon booting. I did notice in passing that this "new device" had already been reset numerous times which also accounts for it starting up showing English - United Kingdom rather than in Chinese.

Whilst I have previously been able to restore TABackup to a couple of Xperia X leaving no trace of SailfishOS for disposal, this will not be the case with this particular X Compact.
Name:  NFCFirmwaeUpdate.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  14.2 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:

Tags
nfc failed