Active Topics

Closed Thread
After last night update

trackerd and tracker-indexer eat my cpu

any help ?

restart many time but no change and cpu go 90% full !

help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just noticed that the New Message button on top in Email does not resize correctly in portrait mode whereas the New SMS and New IM buttons do in conversations app.

BTW, thanks to MAG and everyone behind this. This last update has really made a big difference.

Also, in conversations, the keyboard shows up in portrait mode, but is squished. Totally usuable though.

The Following User Says Thank You to manavs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
i cant even get the conversations to go into potriat!! what version cssu are u using?
the latest 12.1.
To get it rotating, make sure u r using the stock themes and have set forcerotation to 1 in the transitions.ini file!

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by manavs View Post
Just noticed that the New Message button on top in Email does not resize correctly in portrait mode whereas the New SMS and New IM buttons do in conversations app.

BTW, thanks to MAG and everyone behind this. This last update has really made a big difference.

Also, in conversations, the keyboard shows up in portrait mode, but is squished. Totally usuable though.
Your kb meaning stock keyboard? cool... mind posting the screenshots? I've been using fastsmsevo every since

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hhaHAHAHHA

ANGRY BIRDS IN PORTRAIT!!! DrNokSNES in portrait!! hahahhaa

works fine... it still manages to fill up the whole screen!

Last edited by Dark_Angel85; 2011-02-23 at 08:07.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Forgot to answer this:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Mentalist Traceur - I understand your point even from your previous post and while partially agree with it I still assume TESTING does not meen IN THE MIDDLE OF DEVELOPMENT. Maybe it is my English. Look at the latest update - what was the point it has been launched, I completely missed it. It looks like noone has checked so called PORTRAIT MODE at all. And I am not talking about applications not supporting portrait but the basic stuff like autorotation not working. Still following me? And I have feeling that you treat my posts like I am personaly attacking you or CSSU developers. Believe me, that is not the case.

I will try to explain my point again - the fact that noone is paid for deveopment of CSSU should not stop developers act like professionals. Agree? And I have some expertise on how to carry SW projects, so lets assume I know what I am talking about. Do you?
Actually, no, I don't take your posts to be personal attacks at all. But when I do argue about something I disagree with, I tend to be... how to put it... blunt? I don't let logic defer to politeness. Doesn't mean i feel any hostility towards you though. I'm perfectly fine with you as a person, and I see what your point is - I just disagree, and when I disagree on something I think is worth pointing out, I tend to respond thoroughly/persistently. On my end of things, I wish people did that more often. I enjoy that far more than I enjoy people avoiding debate for fear of making it feel like an argument, and then get their feelings hurt the moment it vaguely approaches actual debate territory.

Testing doesn't have to mean "in development" per se. But it means just that - testing. "Professional", near as I can tell, is a concept far more tied to more capitalism-tied, consumer/producer, customer/business, etc, model. Or rather, that is where I see the professionalism you're talking about, which is getting rid of unseemly bugs before release. The problem is that this mentality has no place in truly transparent, open development. If it did, then what's the point of a testing release at all? The whole point of a testing/beta/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is not releasing a "professional" prim-and-proper package, but on the contrary, letting the people who are willing to risk device damage/corruption/bricking experience the non-polished features as they roll out. The simple fact of the matter is that if this policy was actually adopted by the CSSU, you would have CSSU team doing all of the actual truly serious "testing", and we wouldn't have seen this rotation upgrade we just got, until, idk, days/weeks from now?

Beyond that, I don't see what's so bad about how they released forcedrotation. It did enable rotation in launcher, and z-axis rotation, in one swoop. It also enabled a not-fully-as-intended forced rotation, which still did loads for usability once you got the hang of it, and because they released it and people complained, the fix was committed within 24 hours - this is the kind of stuff that professional projects keep completely behind closed doors, and I would argue, do so much to their detriment.

As for the last bit, about managing software projects or whatever... *shrug*. I haven't ran any software project, and... what? Experience only matters so long as you are able to derive the right lessons/understanding/skills from it. People tend to forget all too often that experience is a source of wisdom/knowledge/understanding/skill, but it is not a sufficient condition for it. At the end of the day, if I disagree with your reasoning, it doesn't matter to me what experience you have - if your points have a logical backing that can withstand criticism from other logical parties, you'll be able to present them either way. Experience simply gives you more anecdotal evidence with which you can say why you believe a certain thing - not automatically grant right-ness.

In this case: Have you seen how happy people are with this auto-rotation release? The hell with it being slightly buggy or some apps being flawed - this forum literally noticeably had a small explosion in activity when this patch went live, and even more so with this bug-fix one that fixed the forced rotation into a true auto-rotation. I think if you polled this user-base, the great majority of all the people using the testing CSSU right now would've said 'yes, release it', slightly buggy or not. Because, well, what do you lose if it is released and you don't want it? You don't get forced to enable the new features, or use them, or even use the CSSU until it's released in a more refined bugless version. But the people who do want it can use it, and would ultimately be less happy (shallow happiness though it may be) if the release is postponed until all the Qt-relevant-portrait bugs are ironed out.

So that's my argument, at the end of the day - you don't lose anything by having the feature included in a not-refined form, when you're not being forced to use it, but you do make other people lose something if you insist on holding releases until refinement. There are situations where how professional a release is matters more than how happy it will make people, but I don't think that is the case here at all.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Your kb meaning stock keyboard? cool... mind posting the screenshots? I've been using fastsmsevo every since
Yup, could not use the kb to take screenshot as the onscreen kb would disappear so here is a pic taken using another 5800.Name:  PortraitKb.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  38.1 KB

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manavs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by debjitbis08 View Post
To support viewing sms conversations in portrait mode without horizontal scrolling, I modified the MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.css file. This is not complete but surely works.
I also modified the Chat conversation css for similar purposes.

These files go here: /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/

EDIT: Please consider taking backup of the files.
EDIT: Updated attachment to fix a issue.

-- Debjit
Works like a charm. Just a quick point to make, make sure a reboot is done so that the CSS files are picked!

Well, the stock kb works in portrait mode system-wide. Forgot to mention that you need to have forced rotation enabled. This is awesome!!

A little tough to get to the shift keys, but caps is good.

Last edited by manavs; 2011-02-23 at 08:29. Reason: Forgot portrait

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Pune, India
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Works like a charm. Just a quick point to make, make sure a reboot is done so that the CSS files are picked!
I don't think a reboot is required. Just close all the conversation windows, will pick up the updated file in few minutes.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade