Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
No luck on my device in the Authentication process. In the web browser it loads a blank page and nothing happens. In Tear after clicking on the button the allow the tablet to access the progress bar goes back/forth like the browser is searching.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
UPDATE!!! Got it to work on Diablo.

After seeing this post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=359792&postcount=3
I thought I'd install Fennec (now Firefox) with the off-chance it would work. Turns out it does. Sync worked perfectly.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Wow, that's awsome! Thanks so much for the info. I'll install fennec as soon as I can

Some more notes about the sync:
- Deletions are not yet synced
- There is a Ubunu One bug with nested bullet lists

@Nelson how did you make fennic the default browser to make this work? If yes, how?

Originally Posted by conny View Post
@Nelson how did you make fennic the default browser to make this work? If yes, how?
Nope, didn't make fennec the default browswer. When Conboy opens up the browswer at the Ubuntu One login page, I copied the URL and then pasted it into fennec's address bar. Then just follow the steps.

I would be good to figure out why it only seems to work in Fennec, but on the plus side Fennec runs a lot smoother than the last time I installed it.

Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
Nope, didn't make fennec the default browswer. When Conboy opens up the browswer at the Ubuntu One login page, I copied the URL and then pasted it into fennec's address bar. Then just follow the steps.
Ok, now it´s clear.

Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I would be good to figure out why it only seems to work in Fennec, but on the plus side Fennec runs a lot smoother than the last time I installed it.
I was thinking about opening a bug on the Ubuntu One bug tracker, but I´m not sure they will care about it. It looks like they are doing the redirection in a way which is not compatible with Diablos browser. But it should be possible for them to change it. If they want of course...

I've encountered an issue with syncing. (on Diablo)

I had had some notes on my tablet that needed uploaded to Ubuntu One as well as some on my laptop. I synced the ones on the laptop first (about 9 of them) and then synced the ones on the tablet. The tablet was able to upload the notes I modified on it, but then didn't download any of the new notes from the laptop. There may have been an issue where I had modified the file on both machines and therefore got confused. I had an error that said something about the files on the tablet were newer than those on the server. Still, there was some notes on my laptop that were new and hadn't been on the tablet. I was able to get the tablet to download those notes after a redo of the authentication process. I also did a test of 3 new notes on each machine. I first did a sync on the tablet, then the laptop, then the tablet again to get the laptops files. This worked.

I'm going to try and make it a habit that anytime I finish any set of notes, I sync them with Ubuntu One as soon as I can, and try and do it from the tablet first. I'll post anything if I run into any more problems.

Nelson, thanks for all the testing. I really appreciate that! My time is so limited right know that I really can use all the help I can get
So please report your findings here. Thank you!

One more thing, even I think you already figured it out: If you reauthenticate Conboy with Ubunu One, the local sync history is deleted and you get a full sync afterwards. Might be helpful while testing.

I filed a bug against Ubuntu One. Let's see what happens:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...rs/+bug/488922

Tags
conboy, grauphel