Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I assume someone deleted the post because I can't find it and I'm not surprised I can't. I made the posts during a time when tensions ran high and people were hoping off fences left and right.

Any non positive comments made towards nokia were recieved with hostility, but in these 2 post you can get the gist of what I was saying. Oh and if you question the hostility and deleted post claim, check out the tags on the thread from the posts I linked.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=40
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=65
Ok, in one of those posts you claimed Nokia's market share will drop to 18-22%, there's your first fail, Nokia's smartphone share has dropped, but to 31%, somewhat higher than you predicted, and no doubt their total market share including all phones will be somewhat higher than that. Your second fail is that you have come in early claiming your prediction about Nokia adopting Win Phone 7 is right, that (at the moment) is nothing but a rumour, perhaps it will be confirmed in the next week, but it hasn't yet. If in a weeks time you have been proven correct, then you can come back and gloat, but as it stands you haven't been yet.

You may be right about the analyst thing though, you do seem to be good at making sh*t up and spinning facts to match your predictions.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
Just wanna say that overall it's not so great as you expected - the Celtics kick Magic's *** and the Steelers didn't make it against the Packers......so it'll make 1 out of 3 (I assume that one day Nokia will make some WM phones and probably with some impact on the US market...)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I guess you predicted a lot of things as most people do here. And sooner or later you get a hit. What exactly did you predict?

But since you seems to be in need of some appreciation. Congratulations!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
I think you're a bit hasty to rub it in, unless your prediction was that media is going to speculate on Nokia adopting WP7 which really earns no bragging rights.

On a related note, I'm constantly baffled as to how people take anything written online as a fact. "Engadget wrote about it, it must be true." Maybe I should recap what has happened this far. All these hundreds of articles are based on one sentence in Nokia's Q4 earnings conference call by Elop where he said that as part of their strategy they must "build, catalyze and/or join" ecosystems (note, he didn't say OS, but ecosystem). It was later fueled by an open letter where one analyst hoped Nokia and MS would partner on WP7.

Not once have I heard of any actual insider sources suggesting this would happen. In addition, 99 % of the articles written about this don't bother mention the obvious negatives for Nokia for doing this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
engadget? You cant be serious.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Microsoft on Meego =Mango

http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/w...7-mango-rumors
Correction:

Microsoft on Meego = Mangled

I like mangoes.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If the speculation Slick takes credit for doesn't prove accurate, maybe he'll remind us of what he said, starting a thread with the rarest comment of all: "I was wrong."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I assume someone deleted the post because I can't find it and I'm not surprised I can't. I made the posts during a time when tensions ran high and people were hoping off fences left and right.
Moderators only delete posts that violate the rules of the site, and predicting Nokia will go Microsoft does not violate the rules. The widespread open talk of WP7 on Nokia devices in the fora demonstrates that.

Beyond that, your posting history shows no deleted posts. So, unless you made your prediction in a thread started by a spammer, threads that disappear completely when cleaned up, your keen prediction is still there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Ok in response to this thread,

BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Ok in response to this thread,

BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG
How do you pronounce that many Gs after one another???

What Elop actually said is one thing (ecosystems, not OS). It is easy to get carried away here, but even Elop knows that ecosystem != OS.

Then there are all these other unmentioned but necessary assumptions. Nokia is going down the drain - they are selling more phones than ever. No one likes Symbian - Symbian passed 100 million units sold last year, a record. Nokia have to release a super-flagship to stay alive - why? Besides the N8 is selling more than any other smartphone in the last 3 months.

Tags
biggest dork, biggest loser, c u next tues, i hate you, kingfish, rub my dick, slick=thick, trolololololo, wayne ker