Active Topics

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i think you need to set back StatusIndicatorMenu value in sysuid.conf to StatusIndicatorMenuVerticalView

and red text in applet means you installed system-ui-unrestricted-server without proper privileges.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i think you need to set back StatusIndicatorMenu value in sysuid.conf to StatusIndicatorMenuVerticalView
Why i need to change this ? If i will change it, it switched to use "standard menu" and i want to use "Modern menu" and it should be DropDown in sysuid.conf

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
and red text in applet means you installed system-ui-unrestricted-server without proper privileges.
Which privileges i need for this ? I installed it with "aegis-dpkg -i"
Code:
aegis-dpkg -i /opt/N9QTweak/Toggles/system-ui_1* /opt/N9QTweak/Toggles/system-ui-unrestricted-server*
And why when i switched to modern menu (it do refresh) and red text switched to normal word "Brightness" ?

PS. I reinstalled again all this stuff from scratch, but now i Used:

Code:
aegis-dpkg -i /opt/N9QTweak/Toggles/system-ui_1* && aegis-dpkg -i /opt/N9QTweak/Toggles/system-ui-unrestricted-server*
No more red text above the brightness line
But don't understand why in previous command it got red text

Last edited by Schturman; 2013-08-30 at 08:38.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
setup.sh script fails for me.
Installed in devel-su
Code:
aegis-dpkg -i <system-uideb> <duicontroldeb>
aegis-apt-get install --reinstall unrestricted-server*

Errors from setup.sh are

Code:
line 5: mkdir -p /home/user/.status-menu: not found
line 8: cp -v /usr/share/sysuid/items-order.conf /home/user/.status-menu: not found
line 11: cp -v /usr/share/sysuid/top-order.conf /home/user/.status-menu: not found
line 14: cp -v /usr/share/sysuid/pannable-order.conf /home/user/.status-menu: not found
Maybe it's why I have no extensions shown.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

You not alone, i have this problem too. But for me it not so important, because i use tweak T-3 for this and tweak create needed files after installation...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
You not alone, i have this problem too. But for me it not so important, because i use tweak T-3 for this and tweak create needed files after installation...
Maybe it's aegis-related?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
setup.sh script fails for me.
Installed in devel-su
Code:
aegis-dpkg -i <system-uideb> <duicontroldeb>
aegis-apt-get install --reinstall unrestricted-server*

Errors from setup.sh are

Code:
line 5: mkdir -p /home/user/.status-menu: not found
line 8: cp -v /usr/share/sysuid/items-order.conf /home/user/.status-menu: not found
line 11: cp -v /usr/share/sysuid/top-order.conf /home/user/.status-menu: not found
line 14: cp -v /usr/share/sysuid/pannable-order.conf /home/user/.status-menu: not found
Maybe it's why I have no extensions shown.
You have to create manually the folder /home/user/.status-menu

@coderus
do we need to uninstall your sys-ui (& led-notification) that was installed using N9QT before installing this new version ??

or I can just wait for an update from your trusted repo which will do all the tricks

Originally Posted by sid21177 View Post
@coderus
do we need to uninstall your sys-ui (& led-notification) that was installed using N9QT before installing this new version ??

or I can just wait for an update from your trusted repo which will do all the tricks
If you used N9QT (tweak T-3), remove all from this tweak and do all manually with new sys-ui... Or wait for new version that will include this...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, appreciate all your work, been following for almost two years now, have an n9, had inception and all the other relative hacks. Saw this ui with no need for inception. I uninstalled my other ui (mohammadAG) and installed this one, love the new tweaks. I have everything working - but for the life of me i cannot get the menu extensions to show up in the status bar. tired refresh thru n9qt, tried refresh thru new power button menu and nothing. im asking for a little help in getting the extensions to show up. thanks

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
somehow, I can't install the settings applet

Code:
Selecting previously deselected package duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings.(Reading database ... 58810 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings (from .../duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings_1.0.2_armel.deb) ...aegis-installing duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings (from '')
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings: duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings depends on unrestricted-settings-support; however:  Package unrestricted-settings-support is not installed.
Processing triggers for applauncherd-launcher ...dpkg: error processing duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing: duicontrolpanel-unrestricted-settings
tried apt-get install unrestricted-settings-support but said cant install it (yes i have the trusted repo)