Active Topics

I wouldn't be surprised if Archos is the first to make a MeeGo mid because they were the first to make a Android tablet and they surprised many people with there decision to use Android on the Archos 5 and Archos 7. So I'm sure they will surprise many with a MeeGo device. That is just my speculation so until something like that happens we can try to get MeeGo running on the Archos 43, would anyone be willing to do work.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Well this tablet is now on pre-order at Amazon.com, but there's a twist that the post at Pocketables.net didn't pick up. With all eyes on Samsung because of the super-high price tag for the Galaxy Tab, it seems to go unnoticed that this tablet is now listed at the "discount" price of $46 more than previously announced/ projected. It was supposed to go for $199, but is listed on Amazon for $245.

Help me out here ... did I miss something? Maybe $199 was for a unit with less storage?
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

Last edited by DistantFire; 2010-10-21 at 19:38.

Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
Well this tablet is now on pre-order at Amazon.com, but there's a twist that the post at Pocketables.net didn't pick up. With all eyes on Samsung because of the super-high price tag for the Galaxy Tab, it seems to go unnoticed that this tablet is now listed at the "discount" price of $46 more than previously announced/ projected. It was supposed to go for $199, but is listed on Amazon for $245.

Help me out here ... did I miss something? Maybe $199 was for a unit with less storage?
Well the price is the one that is mentioned. 200 dollars is the starting price for 8gb and 250 dollars is the price for 16gb.

Well here are my thoughts on the whole MeeGo thing.
In 2000 the market was flooded with mp3 players so how does Archos differentiate itself well Archos offers 5gb capacities which was un heard of back then.
2002 - 2004 hard drive mp3 players become fairly common so what do they do they offer the ability t.
2002 - 2004 hard drive mp3 players become fairly common so what do they do they offer the ability to play video.
2005 Now with pmps and pdas fairly common they create the first device that combined both a pda and pmp
2009 MIDS very common by then Archos releases the Archos 5 Internet Tablet the first Android Tablet/MID/PMP(whatever you like to call it) as a way to differentiate itself from the slew of MID manufacturers.
2011 I can just imagine this as a way to differentiate itself from the slew Android manufacturers they release MeeGo based versions of the Archos 43, Archos 32, Archos 28 Archos 48, Archos 70, and Archos 101 and show the world that there devices aren't just really good Android devices.

I could see myself using this PSX Emulation PSX4Droid Lite http://www.appbrain.com/app/psx4droi...zodttd.psxlite and it seems to run quite smoothly on the Motorola Droid X which has very similar hardware to the Archos 43.
It seems to run just fine here is good demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3r0sKROSsE
the app is a work in progress, but I think performance should improve with Android 2.2.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
..., it seems to go unnoticed that this tablet is now listed at the "discount" price of $46 more than previously announced/ projected. It was supposed to go for $199, but is listed on Amazon for $245.

$199 is for the 8G model which has now discontinued, even before shipment. 16 G model continues.

bun

I canceled my order on the Archos 43. Why?, because the thing keeps disappearing and reappearing and it's been weeks and it hasn't arrived at my door. So I'm going to buy a UMPC probably a Viliv. I might get one of these to Ocosmos Ocs1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aAlIUhCfM0

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Argentina
Anyone got one of these yet? I'm looking for a replacement for my N800 and I like the look of the Archos 43. How does it compare? touchscreen sensitivity? resolution?
I don't need a smartphone, the talk/message phone I have is enough.

Last edited by Valeria; 2010-11-16 at 16:43.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Argentina
Any new info on this? My N800 died and I'd like to know if it is worth waiting for this or if I should just buy something else.

I've also been looking at this one as a replacement for my classic N770.

Any thoughts or hands-on comparisons to the older non-phone Nokia internet tablets?