I owned an N900 and now an iPhone 4. I really wanted the N900 to be for me, but in the end it just didn't deliver. I am an end user, not a dev etc. So it depends what you you want out of a phone. Nokia for whatever reason provided little to no support for N900 end users, the so-called app-store shows that. I mean we were supposed to be happy with angry birds and a few other token games, it was laughable the amount of professional devs who supported it. That's because the user base is too small and there is no money to be made. Then things like BBCiplayer not working and the music player being ******ed, emulators running **** slow FPS just put me off investing any more time with the N900. So I sold it and got an iPhone. For me best decision. The iPhone because of its popularity has many apps designed for it which make some web based things that don't work on the browser work very simply. Majority of main streaming sites BBC, ITV, Sky etc have iPhone support. So for an end user iPhone is the only choice...

Last edited by Luz; 2011-08-22 at 17:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Luz For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Software made by windows or software mad for windows or both... lol
Apple iPhone. vs Nokia N900.

I kinda wondered where "Windows made software" fitted into the whole equation? D'ya see where I'm going with that?

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-08-22 at 21:41.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I owned an N900 and now an iPhone 4. I really wanted the N900 to be for me, but in the end it just didn't deliver. I am an end user, not a dev etc. So it depends what you you want out of a phone. Nokia for whatever reason provided little to no support for N900 end users, the so-called app-store shows that. I mean we were supposed to be happy with angry birds and a few other token games, it was laughable the amount of professional devs who supported it. That's because the user base is too small and there is no money to be made. Then things like BBCiplayer not working and the music player being ******ed, emulators running **** slow FPS just put me off investing any more time with the N900. So I sold it and got an iPhone. For me best decision. The iPhone because of its popularity has many apps designed for it which make some web based things that don't work on the browser work very simply. Majority of main streaming sites BBC, ITV, Sky etc have iPhone support. So for an end user iPhone is the only choice...
While I totally agree with you about BBC iPlayer and I more than agree with you abour the shitty emulation......what do you think is wrong with the Music Player?

I think the Music Player is great on the N900.

***edit. I was so disappointed with the crap emulation on the N900, I bought myself a Dingoo A320 just so I could play Gameboy Advance games at full speed. The N900 can't play GBA games for ****.

What is iphone?

Originally Posted by bass800 View Post
those are all apps you've mentioned on a os. phone app to make phone calls, sms app to send text message and dont let me start... short term memory lose maybe... umm... no mms app on the n900 at launch... these are all apps. so apps are the main reason for owning a phone or any device aside from the hardware. ie. windows os = avid, osx = final cut / different strokes for different folks. but these are apps. apps are not only games. n900 may have been an ok device with ok hardware with ok apps, but sorry to burst your bubble but its over, just like the 286, 386, 486 and webos.
Jesus, how far has Apple's marketing gone these days? Don't tell me, your brain is screwed up enough to think that My Documents folder in your PC is an app? Everything is an iApp these days.

Please do explain the relation between 286-486, what does such hardware have to do with WebOS?

Another question: WHO THE FVCK USES MMS? You say that 286 is dead and yet you use the ancient MMS over e-mail/bluetooth.

Summary: Why are you on TMO, a forum dedicated to the little penguin and the dead N900?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
You're comparing Apples to oranges.

Stop.

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
While I totally agree with you about BBC iPlayer and I more than agree with you abour the shitty emulation......what do you think is wrong with the Music Player?

I think the Music Player is great on the N900.

***edit. I was so disappointed with the crap emulation on the N900, I bought myself a Dingoo A320 just so I could play Gameboy Advance games at full speed. The N900 can't play GBA games for ****.
For me the music player was just a little clunky, compared to an iPod touch I had at the same time, the way you built playlists etc was bizarre!! Also lack of the option to pick a play list using a mouse whilst it's plugged into your pc was a big oversight (IMO) unless of course some clever sod has developed one now !!
I don't hate the N900, it just dissapointed me...
Also very simple apps like run keeper which are free on the iPhone seem to wok much better than the equivalent on the N900, again due to more investment by professional devs...

The Following User Says Thank You to Luz For This Useful Post:
>>nope.avi

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Yeah, this bit of prejudice against Funkmunk didn't go unnoticed either. Just because he is from Mumbai.

lol.... Ur just p1ssed off cos u live in such a sh1thole area of the uk arent ya???

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Jesus, how far has Apple's marketing gone these days? Don't tell me, your brain is screwed up enough to think that My Documents folder in your PC is an app? Everything is an iApp these days.
no, my documents is a folder. no one ever said it was an app, ie. application.

Please do explain the relation between 286-486, what does such hardware have to do with WebOS?
the relation if you had read properly is that they are all dead technologies... ie. obsolete. ( understand English much?)

Another question: WHO THE FVCK USES MMS? You say that 286 is dead and yet you use the ancient MMS over e-mail/bluetooth.
People still use MMS... it is not obsolete ie. still supported, people still use it - hence the functionality in all current smartphones and network providers.

Summary: Why are you on TMO, a forum dedicated to the little penguin and the dead N900?
this isnt a forum dedicated to a penguin and n900 only, its a forum, just like most forums that provide information, whether information to buy a device, continue to use a device, compare, build etc.

come back when you have something valuable to contribute rather than being a troll, ie. troll = knob.

Tags
epic thread, ffs! not again!, i-tard, shoot tobymanse