Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
The last evopedia dump which for english was laundhed over 6 months ago in the month of june and i would like to ask when is the next dump going to be finished and available for download?

Last edited by sam9953; 2011-01-20 at 05:17.

Of course, updating the archives is overdue. It was delayed for many reasons, one of them being Wikimedia not exporting the databases for some time (so not only our fault ;-) ).

The system went into production again today and is currently generating the Czech archive, which should be finished tomorrow. If this one passes the "quality test", the larger archives will be generated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
Originally Posted by crei View Post
Of course, updating the archives is overdue. It was delayed for many reasons, one of them being Wikimedia not exporting the databases for some time (so not only our fault ;-) ).

The system went into production again today and is currently generating the Czech archive, which should be finished tomorrow. If this one passes the "quality test", the larger archives will be generated.
So if i may ask till when will the english archive get completed? and is their anyway by which i can help in the completion ?

Due to its size, the English Wikipedia is a bit special. The actual rendering process should start in some days. You can help by running a dump at home client ( http://dumpathome.evopedia.info/contribute ) then. Of course it also helps if you run it now, only not for the English Wikipedia.