Closed Thread
problem after update

any help ?

please see cpu usage

trackerd eat my N900 cpu
Attached Images

can anyone tell me what is z-axis rotation,and is no blur patch included in cssu because I didnt got it on mine N900

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Neat. I think I still like the FastSMSEvo keyboard better, but with this working, at least people don't have to go diving into extras-devel just to use portrait mode.

In my mind, the N900 is not functionally portrait-mode complete. Aesthetically, though, task switcher and desktops have got to be rotatable. Which, at this point, I suspect, will come soon.

In the meantime, I have a certain suggestion for people using the z-axis rotation, regarding some transitions.ini tweeks that make it look more natural: A, if you have equal times for the first half and the second half of the rotation, setting degrees to 45 is far more normal looking. However, if you want the entire rotation to be smooth though, without the 'damage event blanking to black' that happens in the middle, then: B, decrease the rotation time of one of the rotations to 0, and, optionally, increase the second one to compensate, while setting the rotation angle back to the default 90. What this results in, is that the 'damage' event will happen either at the very end, or the very beginning, and so the 'jerkiness' will happen before/after any actual visible animation, so the animation ends up looking rather noticeably smoother than the normal config using z-axis rotation. Still jerky, but far less so.

That said, it's obviously not really nearly as appealing on the x/y axis rotation version, since it just looks unnatural then, but for z-axis it looks better, I think.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
For performance, if you set rotate angle, rotate in and rotate out to 0 the switch between landscape to portrait is amost instant. Faster if you have overclocked.

Last edited by manavs; 2011-02-23 at 08:51. Reason: Typo

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by rishabsp View Post
can anyone tell me what is z-axis rotation,and is no blur patch included in cssu because I didnt got it on mine N900
Have you turned the features on ?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Features

bug?

1. device in pocket
2. remove device, screen is dark
3. open keyboard
4. wait 1 second
5. quickly close keyboard
6. the screen stays lit

before i applied the SSU, the screen would go back to being turned off in step #6. however, if i wait a bit longer in step #4 (like 3-5 seconds), it will stay lit in step #6.

Does anyone else have problems with Nokia messaging?
Mine is not fetching any mail and sometimes Modest crashes.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Erfurt, Germany
Everything is working fine so far. Big thanks to the CSSU team!

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by rrdbala View Post
This is a dream which came true by the community .!!! Portrait for N900!!!! which NOKIA cannot provide us for 2 years ....
This is not proper "portrait for N900" and many apps will have problems (including built-in ones and those designed for the system to respect the "this program supports portrait" flags).

The point of forcerotation is to make it easier to identify the apps which are:
  • Closed source but work well. A "white-list" will be developed and included in a future CSSU so that these rotate out-of-the-box.
  • Open source but work well. These will have the appropriate flags added to their source in the git repos.
  • Open source but nearly work. These will have the appropriate flags and changes added to their source in the git repos.

Therefore, unless an app falls into one of the above categories, please do not raise bugs in the CSSU.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by debjitbis08 View Post
To support viewing sms conversations in portrait mode without horizontal scrolling, I modified the MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.css file. This is not complete but surely works.
I also modified the Chat conversation css for similar purposes.

These files go here: /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/
Could you raise a bug suggesting they get included in the CSSU? An additional project (since Conversations is closed source, IIRC) which uses dpkg-divert.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade