Active Topics

Hello to the entire community.

I need an advice about the N900.
I was planning on getting it this month, but the whole MeeGoo thing is changing my mind. I'm a previous Nokia user so I kinda had my experience with them on supporting older devices....

Any input or opinion is greatly appreciated.... Thanks.

"Too early to tell"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
exactly what tintin said. To be honest, if I could I would choose a different device now...

The Following User Says Thank You to groeit For This Useful Post:
Do you need the n900 today? Can you accept that other then a few maintenance releases there is a very real chance it won't run meego?

Do you promise not to come back after you buy it and post 1000 threads whining about stuff that is already being whined about now, since clearly you can see there is plenty to whine about?

Tell us why you want the n900. That should help clarify if it will work now, or in the near future, for what you want to do.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
I love my N900 and I am sure that it will be good enough for my needs in 2 years.

I guess there never is a good moment to buy something these days. Too many competitors throw out too many new devices too fast.

But it's up to you where your money goes... of course!

i'll sell you mine.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Certainly wait. If you really want the N900, I have mine for sale.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
I'll third tintin's statement and second groeit's.

The Following User Says Thank You to Freemantle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
The N900 is for all points and purposes now a legacy device.

You will see one - maybe two - firmware updates but then it will be supported in the same way as Nokia supports the N770, N800 and N810 devices. Actually I believe the N900 has already received more support than then N810 did

The Maemo name is already now known to be a dead-end operating system (why do you think Nokia is so eager today to have any reference to "Maemo6" removed?) - and there is NO commercial company out there that will take the time and effort to port and/or create any applications or games for an OS that will cease to be in a matter of, what, a year, eighteen months?

If you should get an N900 is entirely up to you but if I were you I'd look at alternatives like the droid.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
why wait, will be the same thing at the end of 2010...new things will appear 2011. If you need it buy, otherwise wait. But dont wait for the wrong reason