Notices

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
In what repository is .0.12? can't seem to find it

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Its the same verison 2,0.11 just the icon fix is included.. See the changelog.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I did put my custom Yappari icons at the place where mine current used icon themes are stored.
The Yappari 2.0.11 version on my system is asking for a new registration after every restart.
Will there also be an GUI update like the examples of BlazingBird?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
Sorry but mine wasn't a style critic, but i don't want that white square in the back

Nokia N810 16 GB
CSSU Stable
Diablo Turbo

Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I did put my custom Yappari icons at the place where mine current used icon themes are stored.
The Yappari 2.0.11 version on my system is asking for a new registration after every restart.
Will there also be an GUI update like the examples of BlazingBird?
I hope so. Depends on the developers and as Ceene has already mentioned that he needs to go according to the maemo guidelines so hopefully we might see some Ui changes once its done in a proper manner. Actually if more people like the suggestions then itd be good to implement..

Originally Posted by n900hacker View Post
Sorry but mine wasn't a style critic, but i don't want that white square in the back
Just you have to replace the icons from the zip file mate. And theyr looking amazing even with the humanity and hires color themes.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
All right, version 2.0.11 is already on extras-testing
Version 2.0.12 is also uploaded but it isn't yet available (this takes time, it's automatic and it's not under my control).

Changes for 2.0.11 are:
  • New icons (thanks to BlazingBird)
    Version 2.0.12 will fix the white background of the icons and make them to be transparent.
    Come on, people, it's not that hard to read the thread... I don't even know why I have to repeat this.

• Better management of read and receipt reports (should show more up to date info on read status)
    With the upgrade to WA15 there are a couple things that aren't still ported to the new protocol, but this is the first change of a few that will help to report read/received messages as they should.

• Some fixes that should avoid a couple segmentation faults and disconnections (coderus and me)
    Well, as the changelog line says itself, I hope this solves at least a couple of issues regarding frequent disconnections and maybe the segmentation faults.
    The latter are difficult to diagnose, so I'm doing some kind of defensive programming in the hopes that some more checks around the critical points solve that, but I can't be sure yet if this will work.

• GUI option for max download size restored
    Someone notified me of this regression, so this option is back. It was due to a glitch in the UI code (wrong window sizes and the like).

I'm sorry I haven't fixed some standing issues, such as ghost contact and broadcast messages. To be honest, I don't have much time, so please be patient. I try to do as much as I can with the time I have.

Thanks to coderus as always, to the people that has helped me trace the segmentation faults and of course to BlazingBird for the new icons and ideas for the GUI. Given enough time, the GUI should improve, but it won't be fast.

And just to finish... I think I haven't ever made this request, but... if anyone is willing to code, I'd appreciate any kind of help you people can give. I see this project is very much wanted but I don't have the time nor the knowledge to do as much as you all want... so if anyone is bored and want to help I'd be really happy to have your cooperation

Best regards, I hope this release behaves better than the previous ones, but also that it is very short lived. All in all, 2.10.12 should be up tomorrow with the icon fixes. They are pretty cool as you can see from the snapshot BlazingBird took of its N900

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
2.0.12 gives a size mismatch

Using the new release since a day now and i find that the connection issue has been solved. I havent faced any issues or lose connections. The lag for scrolling in the main UI is also smooth than the orevious version. Overall its a success.. Well done Ceene and Coderus.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlazingBird For This Useful Post:
yep... size mismatch. Is it safe to upgrade nonetheless?

Tags
whatsapp, yappari