Active Topics

My n900 thinks that the keyboard is always open. This is making the phone not auto lock and not unlock when the keyboard is slide out. Also, the keyboard light is always lit up when the phone is unlocked.

I made a couple of tests before opening this thread. The xterm dmesg command reported that the sensor is working properly, detecting whenever the keyboard is opened or closed. The healthchecker app, however, states that the keyboard slider is always opened.

I've searched throughly and haven't found a solution for this particular issue. Maybe reflashing, but that would be my last stand. Any suggestions, please? :<

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
Originally Posted by Arface View Post
My n900 thinks that the keyboard is always open. This is making the phone not auto lock and not unlock when the keyboard is slide out. Also, the keyboard light is always lit up when the phone is unlocked.

I made a couple of tests before opening this thread. The xterm dmesg command reported that the sensor is working properly, detecting whenever the keyboard is opened or closed. The healthchecker app, however, states that the keyboard slider is always opened.

I've searched throughly and haven't found a solution for this particular issue. Maybe reflashing, but that would be my last stand. Any suggestions, please? :<
Am also in d same mess...u should count urself lucky dat it is not detected as close cuz u wont be able to use such apps as nitdroid since multiboot...am just living thru it like this till a miracle happens.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
yeah for me it's always reported to be closed so no nitdroid or others for me till I get it fixed

something is constantly editing /sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/slide/state

I stopped mce, edited the file with leafpad to closed but it instantly returned to open

i thought mce was responsible for this event, anyone know what else would be?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I have sadly fallen victim to this problem.

It may have start a little before, but the first time I noticed it was after try to type a sms via on screen keyboard and it wasn't working correctly. So I restart the device and notice that the bootmenu and backupmenu started up ... hmm that must have an error.

But I could actually get to the desktop!! Every reboot got me back to backupmenu only.

After editing the bootmenu to give me the choice screen I was able to at least get to the desktop. But there I figured out how much the open keyboard can be a problem. No more vertical apps. No on screen keyboard. etc

I was to make sure this is not hardware and I'm just wasting my time.

I would appreciate anyone input on this.

Do I need to edit the conf for bootmenu? Is there a corrupted file I need to replace? Is there a better way to test/trouble shoot the problem?

Thanks for any insight.

X

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I hit that problem as part of my white replacement housing saga. I kindly refer you to the second post in that thread which has all the details. I cannot guarantee that it is exactly the same problem but it sounds very much like it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
yeah after posting in a few places, I'm thinking this may be the actual issue. Nothing else makes sense. after a few flashing nothing changed. So backing up properly and then will take it apart.

thanks for chiming in pichlo.

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
So a little update.

Completed the solder clean up of the USB port on my 1st n900. Now the plug is no longer intermittently disconnecting. Restore via backupmenu and now syncing the 32 on the devices (should only be a few hundred MB since it not replacing anything that already current).

The backup n900 is sadly dead-ish. It can still be use in an emergency. But it comes with the many annoyance of not having the device know when keyboard should be close (ex, no slide to unlock, no on screen keyboard, no backlight when you open the keyboard till you unlock it, back light will stay on longer after closing, I sure there are a few others).

So this backup n900 will most likely be used emergency's or or parts.

I looked up the part and couldn't find anything close to it, so no sourcing chips. I could pull the chip from the 1st n900 if it broke badly.

Cheers, and thank goodness I had 2!

x