Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Seriously buying a Nokia is always 1 year behind in hardware spec
Well.. you can say many many things about nokia.. but that is not true.. Nokia have allways been up-to-date when it comes to mobile hardware atleast when they came with n95 and n900... the two best phones of their generation!

Last edited by mthmob; 2011-01-10 at 04:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
As the title says, I lost my N900 on a Sydney bus 1 day before going for a 12 day drive along the coast south of Sydney... I returned this weekend.

What to do?..... I am not going to buy another N900, it is too outdated and the OS is a dead end now.

I guess I'll decide by the end of this week what device I am going to buy next.

Leaning heavily towards Android.
Get the Nexus S. If you get any other android phone, you will face the issues with updates from the manufacturers/carriers because they didn't keep it pure(google). I am learning more and more to Nexus S and i am aware about the missing micro SD but seriously. I have all that GB's on my N900 including a 16gig and i don't even store anything on the internal space i have right now. Even the 16gb i barely use over 8gb. The 4G thing, well i will not even touch that seriously I get 3.5G on my N900, that is more than enough for me. I can go on and on... but i will most likely get the Nexus S due simply because Google will NOT screw us over like Nokia and these other carriers/manufacturers have. They rather you go out and but a new phone with the latest OS and WILL not update their damn phones when it meets the damn specs... Let me list a couple here... Samsung S, X10.... I said this last year and i will continue to say is. Meego REALLY has no chance right now. If only they released something last October then they would have had a change. Anyway, let me shut up.

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
I'd like to know who added the tag "android blows" to this thread.

If you meant that android blows Maemo and even Meego out of the water, then I agree.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd like to know who added the tag "android blows" to this thread.

If you meant that android blows Maemo and even Meego out of the water, then I agree.
That person will never come forward - but the mods know who it is.

With that said, I don't take up one side over the other - just use what you like. And this comes from a N900 owner (secondary), a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S variant - primary), an Apple iPad and former Apple iPhone 3GS owner with Linux, OS X and Windows machines in my house.

I'm all over the map, but can honestly way that Android has gone from unfinished to feature-laden quicker than most other platforms out there.

What phone have you decided to get, btw? I'm being nosy...

Last edited by gerbick; 2011-01-12 at 02:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
As the title says, I lost my N900 on a Sydney bus 1 day before going for a 12 day drive along the coast south of Sydney... I returned this weekend.

What to do?.....
Contact lost&found.

Do you have IMEI of N900 written down anywhere? Like, original Nokia's box, if you haven't bothered to write down it before.

I find it highly disturbing when a lost device is considered lost forever. It isn't.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That person will never come forward - but the mods know who it is.
That's ok.
I'm still here only because I still care about Maemo and Meego, I just don't have the patience right now to wait for Nokia to take their heads out of their collective asses.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
With that said, I don't take up one side over the other - just use what you like. And this comes from a N900 owner (secondary), a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S variant - primary), an Apple iPad and former Apple iPhone 3GS owner with Linux, OS X and Windows machines in my house.

I'm all over the map, but can honestly way that Android has gone from unfinished to feature-laden quicker than most other platforms out there.

What phone have you decided to get, btw? I'm being nosy...
Still browsing, but I should have a decision by the end of this week.
It's the only big problem I have with Android right now... WAAAAY too much choice

The Following User Says Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Contact lost&found.

Do you have IMEI of N900 written down anywhere? Like, original Nokia's box, if you haven't bothered to write down it before.

I find it highly disturbing when a lost device is considered lost forever. It isn't.
Easier said than done. But I've done it.

I have everything that came with the phone, box is like new. (If anyone in Australia wants some extras, contact me)

Contacted the lost property department of RailCorp, and provided them the IMEI of my lost N900.

Biggest problem: That day there was track work going on, so it was some random bus company running the buses for that section.
Contacted all possible bus companies... nothing.

Railcorp told me that bus companies are supposed to send them all lost property, but most don't.

I assume that some random person got it. But I bet that whoever it is they can't even turn it on.

If there is a way to easily block or locate the phone using the IMEI, I'd like to know.

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2011-01-12 at 04:10.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Easier said than done. But I've done it.

I have everything that came with the phone, box is like new. (If anyone in Australia wants some extras, contact me)

Contacted the lost property department of RailCorp, and provided them the IMEI of my lost N900.

Biggest problem: That day there was track work going on, so it was some random bus company running the buses for that section.
Contacted all possible bus companies... nothing.

Railcorp told me that bus companies are supposed to send them all lost property, but most don't.

I assume that some random person got it. But I bet that whoever it is they can't even turn it on.

If there is a way to easily block or locate the phone using the IMEI, I'd like to know.
Contact your SIM operator (3? Vodafone? Telstra?) and ask them to block the IMEI of the device and the IMSI of the SIM card. They could probably contact other network operators and ask them to block the IMEI, I don't know.

Where are you in Australia? New South Wales? Sydney?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RailCorp

If you have some way to send commands to N900, you could try to get GPS coordinates or photographs. But I don' think you have. I don't have such a way myself...

Maybe, police has some lost-and-found or a way to locate phone using IMEI.

That's ok.
I'm still here only because I still care about Maemo and Meego, I just don't have the patience right now to wait for Nokia to take their heads out of their collective asses.

Still browsing, but I should have a decision by the end of this week.
It's the only big problem I have with Android right now... WAAAAY too much choice
Very easy, Nexus S

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
Very easy, Nexus S
Looks very nice and all, but no microSD slot = no sale!

I think I'm going for a used HTC Desire HD.

And my lost N900 was just blocked by IMEI

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2011-01-13 at 00:47.