what happened to me is that i did the apt-get pymaemo optify and then, the same action told me to apply the apt-get autoremove, and now my
N-900 is not possible to turn on it only gives me the dots for 5 o 7 seconds and after that shut down completely; no matter how many times i try to turn it on its not possible anybody can give me a clue what to do?, and then i conected to the pc using the usb cable and nothing not charging i can not turn it on

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
Try searching here for a way to Reflash, that's the only way to recover to device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mothmanex For This Useful Post:
thks mothmanex now i know what can i do to solve the problem OMG

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by peacekeper View Post
thks mothmanex now i know what can i do to solve the problem OMG
Here is the Firmware flashing guide. Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Magel282 For This Useful Post:
thks Magel right now i need a break from this device, but thks for the post i'll try tomorrow. because i have win7 home premium in my pc and there are some incompatibilities with this OS; so tomorrow i will try to get at least the OS win7 ultimate. so i can run the XP VIRTUAL PC.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by peacekeper View Post
thks Magel right now i need a break from this device, but thks for the post i'll try tomorrow. because i have win7 home premium in my pc and there are some incompatibilities with this OS; so tomorrow i will try to get at least the OS win7 ultimate. so i can run the XP VIRTUAL PC.
what. you can do it on windows 7 fine now. the win 7 problems have gone.

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-05-06 at 04:05.

there is always the linux way. You can use a live cd without reinstalling (or touching at all) your windows.

Something like ubuntu

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
works on windows 7

Download the Flasher for your device model: N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...mo_Flasher-3.5

Flashing using the command line
In order to flash directly from the XP/Vista/Windows 7 command line, follow these steps:

1.Download and install the latest version of Flasher e.g. maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe
2.Download the latest firmware (.bin) file and save it to %ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5\ (the default installation path for Flasher) or to the custom path of your choice.
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

3.Ensure the battery is at least half full.
4.Unplug charger cable and switch off the device.
5.Open the Command Prompt (Start then Run or Windows Logo key + R) and type cmd then press Enter.
6.Change the directory to the Flasher's path (TIP: Use the TAB key to auto-complete the commands and file-names)
cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5" 1.Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time (see the Flasher documentation)
2.Run the following command:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -RReplace RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin with the firmware you wish to update (The name of the firmware image file you downloaded in the beginning).

The update will take approximately 4 minutes after which the N900 will reboot and display the Welcome Screen with Regional settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
works on windows 7

Download the Flasher for your device model: N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...mo_Flasher-3.5

Flashing using the command line
In order to flash directly from the XP/Vista/Windows 7 command line, follow these steps:

1.Download and install the latest version of Flasher e.g. maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe
2.Download the latest firmware (.bin) file and save it to %ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5\ (the default installation path for Flasher) or to the custom path of your choice.
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

3.Ensure the battery is at least half full.
4.Unplug charger cable and switch off the device.
5.Open the Command Prompt (Start then Run or Windows Logo key + R) and type cmd then press Enter.
6.Change the directory to the Flasher's path (TIP: Use the TAB key to auto-complete the commands and file-names)
cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5" 1.Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time (see the Flasher documentation)
2.Run the following command:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -RReplace RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin with the firmware you wish to update (The name of the firmware image file you downloaded in the beginning).

The update will take approximately 4 minutes after which the N900 will reboot and display the Welcome Screen with Regional settings.
well felbutss thks for ur post, right now i fixed the problem because i remenbered that i have an old pc wich it has sometime i dont use. so now i reflashed the phone with the new software i mean the PR1.2 and so far its working perfectly , so i will wait for the performance of the cell, once again thks very much for the post and i will keep monitoring the news