Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
I have done some work on packaging as well, see the SVN repo.

(right now nothing yet actually requires python-midgard2 so if you want to build a package with just the trivial calculator remove that from dependencies and installing will pull less unneccessary stuff...)

Thanks for all the work your doing once I get home I will build this. already using the calc its working nice.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

r16 can save (but not display) point log entries.

edit: oops datetimes are b0rken..
edit2: r18 fixed datetimes in saving

Last edited by rambo; 2010-03-27 at 12:39.

r23 Gives scrollable points log

On a side note, anyone know the formulas for the european points systems ? (esp MP5)

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
On a side note, anyone know the formulas for the european points systems ? (esp MP5)
I'll try and find it

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Packaged a workable version released as 0.5.0 (need to request autobuilder access for this package tomorrow or so).

You need to install also python-midgard2 (extras-testing) and libgda3-sqlite (extras-devel). Basically enable extras-devel and run "apt-get install python-midgard2 libgda3-sqlite" as root. Then download the .deb file and run "dpkg -i maecalories_0.5.0_all.deb" as root.

The usual warnings apply.

Database initialization (on first run) takes a long time (it creates a fairly complex SQLite file), just be patient, it also runs into a known bug which means the application needs to be started again after DB init (but then it starts quickly). I might have to consider shipping a preinitialized DB, even though it's a bit dirty...

Edit: It seems autobuilder accepted my package, whether it will actually get into the devel repo without further action from X-Fade etc co remains to be seen.

Edit2: It seems to have landed into extras-devel, so enable it and install via application manager.

Last edited by rambo; 2010-03-27 at 21:19.

We need a proper icon btw

Got an idea for an icon I'm going to make it tonight when I get home.

hey i hate to throw more stuff at you but if you already have a database could the database same foods, then you could search for food you have already saved ad add them right to log.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
hey i hate to throw more stuff at you but if you already have a database could the database same foods, then you could search for food you have already saved ad add them right to log.
When logging an item in the menu there is "Use as template" then there's the "log from template" button that essentially does this (though the number of templates should be kept fairly low).