Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
ive installed this on a friends phone that i flashed with the same firmware as mine,
but there is no facebook option in VoIP settings after installing this and the pidgin version,
everything else is there even the twitter plugin i installed,

but on my phone it is there, and i have it set up
any ideas why that is?
tried reinstalling, rebooting ect
tried reinstalling 10+ times now, still no FB plugin?

Originally Posted by GadgetGardener View Post
hi all forum newbie here...ive had the N900's IM client running Skype,MSN and Facebook with minimal problems...most of them have been discussed...im not sure if my facebook issue is related to the web site being recently updated again...all of the others sign in fine apart from FB which constantly displays 'Authentication failed'....i tried adding other FB accounts like my partners and they seem to connect fine...am i right in saying that the N900 stores a FB login cookie which is linked to my account and password in the system cache? if i somehow get rid of this will the device connect again?....ive tried deleting my FB IM account entry from the N900 and reinstalling it and also doing the same with the conversations plugins...also ive tried changing my FB login email but this doesnt work either...any help would be much appreciated
The "Authentication Failed" Issue cropped up when Facebook changed all their UserIDs.

I got around the problem simply by removing the account, rebooting (don't know why that helped), and recreating the account.

Thinking about it... this may have been when I used Jabber to do FB.. hmm. Whatever, the timing is right. I have since then got FB working, but with the usual duplicates/merging bug, so I just disabled the account.

But what gets me is, if FB now works with XMPP/Jabber, then why is it so difficult to get this working just under the Facebook name and icon. ?

I can deal with not having people's facebook status being retrieved (though it is nice), I just want it to be shown as Facebook, not Jabber.

Also, to anyone else, I'm on MSN Haze, and it seems flawless in this version.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
tried reinstalling 10+ times now, still no FB plugin?
All you have to do is install: Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts

been working for ages on this end.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Hey u guys....the 'Hide Self' option under Advanced Facebook settings is not working.

I chatted with a friend who confirmed my name was under the chat's list.

Originally Posted by Gazzlam View Post
The "Authentication Failed" Issue cropped up when Facebook changed all their UserIDs.

I got around the problem simply by removing the account, rebooting (don't know why that helped), and recreating the account.

Thinking about it... this may have been when I used Jabber to do FB.. hmm. Whatever, the timing is right. I have since then got FB working, but with the usual duplicates/merging bug, so I just disabled the account.

But what gets me is, if FB now works with XMPP/Jabber, then why is it so difficult to get this working just under the Facebook name and icon. ?

I can deal with not having people's facebook status being retrieved (though it is nice), I just want it to be shown as Facebook, not Jabber.

Also, to anyone else, I'm on MSN Haze, and it seems flawless in this version.
I'm having the exact same problem with the FB plugin...

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Got it working fine. Signed in with my email address and password.

Seems to be a bug though. When I try and set my screen name as something other than my email address it doesn't work. I click save and it all looks good but when I start a conversation my email address is still shown as my screen name and its back in the settings part again.. Anyone else has this happen?

EDIT: Gone back to Jabber.. Will give this pluggin another go when the bugs are fixed..

Last edited by Magel282; 2010-05-17 at 04:08.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Fix the bugs please

Tags
facebook chat n900 maemo