I think/believe I've read all the old posts regarding this issue, so if I missed on I apologize.

I'll do the quick version first and then the particulars below: Is there a way to connect via the N8x0 to an Ekiga user that enables both voice and video?

I recently convinced my father, who lives in MT (I'm in WI) to switch to Linux, I do have remote access via SSH and VNC. We do regular video conferences via Ekiga so he can talk with my son.

I'm willing to make any adjustments I need to with the exception of switching him off of Ekiga. He takes a while to get trained in on something and once he is he won't give it up. I wish that Gizmo had come along before, it seems like it would be perfect, but is there any other work arounds?

Have you tried https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemoekiga/ ?

ETA: NVM.. doesn't appear there are any files for it yet.. just screenshots. Sorry man.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Have you tried https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemoekiga/ ?

ETA: NVM.. doesn't appear there are any files for it yet.. just screenshots. Sorry man.
Bah, I got really excited when I saw the subscription e-mail about this. Thanks for looking into this, I'll be keeping my eye on that project, and see what I can do to help them.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
You can try emailing the developer and see if he'll provide you with a build?

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.