Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have mapped the proximity sensor long touch as Dashboard, and very frequently it doesn't run.

Once restarted Shortcutd (by entering the setup menu and exiting) it begins to work again.

I also think that the behaviour of the proximity sensor is not consistent with the focus button. If I do a long press in the focus button for, let's say launch phone, I don't need to stop pressing to launch the application, it starts after 2 seconds approximately. But with the proximity sensor I have to quit my finger in exactly the time to get the expected result which, by the way, is quite difficult.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I have suffered the same problem and stopped using the long press.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteWolf For This Useful Post:
can i use "CTRL+V" in shortcutd ?

Is there any way to disable the camera software when the lens is closed? Otherwise, the long press function is pretty much annoying when it opens 2 apps at once.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
great app, thanks!
to everyone interested, like me, to use short/long press camkey to switch to silent profile can do that:
- open terminal
- create a script:
eg: switch_to_silent_profile_script
Code:
#!/bin/sh
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.profiled /com/nokia/profiled com.nokia.profiled.set_profile string:"silent"
(for other controls see here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control)
in shortcutd set your preferences and in 'custom shell command' write:
sh /path_where_is_your_script/your_script (eg: /home/user/switch_to_silent_profile_script)
that's all

Last edited by maemo.it; 2010-12-24 at 01:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to maemo.it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
there's that new force rotation patch inside the new mcsp (cssu).
so I want to make screenshots of diferent apps in portrait mode.

Problem is, I can't press ctrl+shift+p with slide in keyboard (portrait mode)

Could someone tell me how to make ctrl+shift+p in shortcut?
How should a custom shell command7script look to take screenshots when long pressing the cam key?

thx for your help.

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-02-23 at 22:21.

Did anyone try to make shortcutd work so that if camkey is pressed while there is an incoming call, the call is rejected?

Often if one receives an incoming call during a meeting, one would like to just reach in one's pocket and reject the call. At the moment this can't be done with the N900, can it? But it seems like shortcutd could readily be modified to accomplish this, yes?

Hi, I would like to know what to put in "custom shell command" to launch an app ...

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I've seen here at the beginning a discussion that the developers was not able to check what application is currently running in the foreground, if the task-switcher is currently opened and how to bring a other application in the foreground.

In my other thread (LINK) I asked for similar stuff. And accidentally we found a way how to check if the task switcher dashboard or the desktop is currently running. (the script to check what application is currently running simply crashes) This happens at one of the Desktops and at the Task Manager.

So this way it would be possible to notice what application is running at the moment the camera button is pressed. Store this in a small history of 2 Items. If the active_window.property_get crashed the task switcher or the desktop is shown. In this case the shortcutd application could switch to the second task in the history list and flip the items. If we got the name of the current task simply push it to the top of the 2 Items stack.

This way we could easily switch between 2 Tasks (at example notes and calendar) back and forth simply by pressing the camera button twice. This would be great.

Perhaps thp or hopbeat has some minutes to look into it. This would be a very cool feature.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
Hi,

Here is a patch I created to add on option to this great application: you can now send the space key as you would for the backspace key.

How is this useful ?
The space key can scroll down one page at a time in the browser. So if you attach this new option to the short press action of the camera button, then you can very easily read pages in your browser.

See attached video as a demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPTZg7QSdPw
Attached Files
File Type: gz send_key.diff.gz (940 Bytes, 76 views)

Last edited by titou1234; 2011-07-10 at 09:44.

Tags
feedback thread, shortcutd