Posts: 9 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Feb 2020 @ Tampere, Finland
Hi all,
I happened to find an extremely rare Nokia N950 protototype from my archives. It is RM-680 B2 Prototype HW:0724 FAV4 Build. It has more memory than the official (and also quite rare) N950 developer edition. They have been selling the 'normal' good condition N950 developer kits in ebay for ~2000 eur. This is the ALUMINIUM body version with more memory and it's fully operational and in perfect condition. This is the grandfather of Maemo used in Maemo application development - no missing parts, no scratches, no nothing. I flashed it and it works without any issues. I haven't even opened the back panel as the battery started charging without any problems. I have also a spare battery to go with it. I find this device the coolest device ever, but given it's legendary status and also collector value, I don't dare to take it to my personal use. Maybe some of you developers/collectors can appreciate it even more and I'm therefore open for your offers. If you are seriously interested in getting this rare beauty into your collection, please send me a private message with your offer. If I don't get any serious offers in this forum, I will sell it in ebay in future. Hopefully She finds a good home and I also get some compensation for keeping her intact all these years :-)
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TeeK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TeeK View Post
They have been selling the 'normal' good condition N950 developer kits in ebay for ~2000 eur.
Selling == Offering.
That does not necessarily mean they actually sold for that price.
Just saying.
Anyhow, good luck! I'm sure you're not far wrong about the price, but no way am I spending that much on any electronics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your opinion. I have not set any definite approval price for it but the the point is that less than 1000Eur offers are definitely waste of time. No offers so far, so maybe I was wrong about her legendary status and I will just end up taking it to my daily use.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeeK For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your opinion. I have not set any definite approval price for it but the the point is that less than 1000Eur offers are definitely waste of time. No offers so far, so maybe I was wrong about her legendary status and I will just end up taking it to my daily use.
Heps, pirä vaa ittellä ja pirä tosi hyvää hualta siitä vehkehestä - Ja oo onnelline notta sulla o tuallaane. - Kaikkia hyvää!

Jeah, Don't sell if You have one. And be happy to own one. - All the best.

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2020-02-20 at 18:51. Reason: Typos and more typos...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
... I will just end up taking it to my daily use.
Really wonderful device but thats the point for no good offer, it is not a good device for daily use. It needs many updates and it has as well a fragile display.
Five years ago I would spend 1000Eur, and many others too.
Nowadays it is only interesting for collectors, but these people have already this device.
Personally I am still have interest but a different view of what it is worth.

So the best is to keep it or wait a long time for a fully working free kernel (this device will gain value again), or for a newborn rich Nokia fan.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Do not use. Do not sell. Keep it safe for generations to come. There will become the right time to sell but it just isn't now. Maybe if Nokia makes a new hwkb phone and people become interested of this stuff and the history.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Thanks Maemish for advice, I guess it's my precious then ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeeK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Grandfather? Rather the autistic grandchild of Maemo,
This looks like a descendant from the promising days when an N900 was supposedly under development for late 2011.

Hope to turn into despair..

It was so Legendary & Mystical that I remember only a few vague rendered looking and leaked pictures from this.. it was rarer than a dragon during the days in 2011 where instantly would have paid 1000+ Euro or any price I could afford for this very device with Maemo 5.

Thanks for the images, they evoke feelings of lost potential to steer the mobile internet devices into a more sensible direction.

Today I'd take it to the streets, at least I can say I have a more expensive and more exclusive phone than your iPhone Pro 11 :-)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
Again this is a "Not for sale" device...

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

The Following User Says Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
Again this is a "Not for sale" device...
So what? "Not for sale" means that those devices haven't been made for commercial use. It means that Nokia never planned to sell those devices but instead gave them to developers etc. But Nokia is practically dead when it comes to smartphones (I know about HMD but it's different thing and not to be compared former Nokia business). "Not for sale" doesn't mean that owner of the device can't give or sell it away. Nokia is not going to collect them back. So no need for outrage every time somebody decides to sell his/her developer device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: