Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
BLARGH!!! Where's my Maemo 6!!!!! Hildon or BUST!!!
Dead.. gone... Hildon is nice, but it's too heavy and there is no good vsync for it. It COULD be awesome, but support.... not so good again..

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Well considering mer uses RPM and salifish uses mer at its core than I guess RPM it is. I'm not thrilled about that one lol
Well, I've recently started with RPM packaging for Nemo and would say I like it quite a lot more than Debian packaging.

Just that all the packaging info resides in the specfile, meaning you don't have to reprocess the package every time you make a change and wrangle with a dozen of different files makes creation of new packages or repackaging of existing ones much easier.

Also the Mer/Nemo packager, called zypper seems to be quite advanced. For example, it can be used to add new repositories (zypper ar) directly from the command line, which I think apt-get is not able to do. This is quite handy for adding some of the many interesting COBS repos.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
No, no. He said 'before' summer 2013, so it should be something close to April or May..
Thats propably bit optimistic.

Our summer comes late, is barely warm and leaves soon after it arrives. I would say that late May or early June is what they meant by summer.

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
For example, it can be used to add new repositories (zypper ar) directly from the command line, which I think apt-get is not able to do. This is quite handy for adding some of the many interesting COBS repos.
Hmm..
add-apt-repository ppa:user/ppa-name

OK guys, I have a questions about the multitasking on this OS.
Will it be like Maemo/N9?
yes I said N9 and not MeeGo,
AFAIK, N9 was "half Maemo, half MeeGo" So it still keep Maemo Multitasking capabilities.
What I mean is, People like me who love Maemo for its multitasking capabilities wait to see what it will look like, but all I see on these demo are something like HTC Sence (I hope am wrong).

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Jolla Answers Your Sailfish Questions

-Apps can be closed long press and then close
-At this point UI is optimised to work with 9 apps open but their looking into an alternative to expand on that
-You can come back to home screen from any direction(each of 4 edges)
-No landscape mode for the launcher at the moment

Designs are still work in progress and improving!

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-11-23 at 12:37.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
And they should be. At least "kill swipe" should be implemented like in N9. Same to landscape launcher.

Or Jolla, just make it open so that community can fix those when needed. (I want taskbar, I want some apps locked to certain place to act as "widgets", I want custom size for app window when app is minimized, I want sane animation (like in Harmattan) to be displayed when swiping away from app...)

EDIT: well, it looks at least promising that they would make it open: https://twitter.com/JollaMobile/stat...36651494825984

Last edited by OVK; 2012-11-23 at 13:59.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Jolla Answers Your Sailfish Questions
-At this point UI is optimised to work with 9 apps open but their looking into an alternative to expand on that
-You can come back to home screen from any direction(each of 4 edges)
-No landscape mode for the launcher at the moment

Those must be fixed!! And the "kill swipe" (top to bottom swipe) MUST BE THERE! I love it

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Thats propably bit optimistic.

Our summer comes late, is barely warm and leaves soon after it arrives. I would say that late May or early June is what they meant by summer.
Summer in northeuropean == middle of july to endof august.

Means it can be released end of june to sttill be called "before summer"

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Good things comes always late , sadly.

Harmattan (N9) was way late. Same with BB10..we've yet to see it.
Same with Sailfish...

damn.. in the meantime... Android becomes more popular by the day and Symbian is shrinking.

bad era to be a google "hater" & a smartphone enthusiast.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?