anybody using wifi hotspot to tether on their NOOK color?
the NC is rooted and can see adhoc connection . The nook can connect to my n900 but the connection is so slow. Sometimes it doesn't even load at all. My laptop and ipod touch can connect to the n900 via wifi hotspot just fine (getting at least 1mbps). Is there any fix for this? TIA

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Which firmware on your Nook (I'm assuming 1.1) and have you tried any other ad hoc wifi connect yet? And I'm also assuming you've used auto-nooter and jumped up to at least Froyo - I'm personally having a prob with Gingerbread, still have a 4gb microSD card with Honeycomb Preview 4 on it.

I've rooted my Nook, use my rooted Captivate as the wifi hotspot, I don't see any slowness. I've unfortunately gotten rid of my N900, but just wondering if you could test anything else. I've noticed that Froyo on the Nook is just plain slow in some areas - browsing one of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
i've rooted my nook as well, installed froyo 2.2.1 on it. I don't know if its the connections between the n900 and the nook (the wifi connect to home running fine) just the adhoc tethering from n900. I've never had any problem tethering to my ipod or my laptop using adhoc tethering from the n900. Just wasted $12 on Joikuspot. Thought i try it out to see if it work on the nook, now i can't even get the ipod to connect to the joikuspot. I guess i have to download the mobile hotspt back again. Maybe load something else on the nook.

Yeah... JoikuSpot plain sucks.

Strange that you're seeing a slow down though.I wonder if it's anything else that you could factor out - you've said it's speedy on your home router.

I'll continue to think on it, but I fear that I'll be of no use.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I have the same issue with my NC. Joikuspot works fine with my iPad though.

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I have the same issue with my NC. Joikuspot works fine with my iPad though.
What settings do you have in joikuspot to get it to work? I can't get it to work. iPod and nook can see the joikuspot but the connections won't load. The mobile hotspot is working great on n900 and iPod touch.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Which firmware on your Nook (I'm assuming 1.1) and have you tried any other ad hoc wifi connect yet? And I'm also assuming you've used auto-nooter and jumped up to at least Froyo - I'm personally having a prob with Gingerbread, still have a 4gb microSD card with Honeycomb Preview 4 on it.

I've rooted my Nook, use my rooted Captivate as the wifi hotspot, I don't see any slowness. I've unfortunately gotten rid of my N900, but just wondering if you could test anything else. I've noticed that Froyo on the Nook is just plain slow in some areas - browsing one of them.
Do you have a link how to install honeycomb on micro sd card? I'm going to give it a try to see if the adhoc connection is any better. Or maybe it's something between the n900 and the nook. I asked the guy posted the on YouTube about the problem and he told me the problem is with the n900 not the nook.

I'm gald to hear taht these two technologies can some how be connected. for me i'd like the features and os of the n900 and the size of the nook. i'd like to hook up the gps to the nook.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdux0012 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Yeah... JoikuSpot plain sucks.

Strange that you're seeing a slow down though.I wonder if it's anything else that you could factor out - you've said it's speedy on your home router.

I'll continue to think on it, but I fear that I'll be of no use.
as far as using jokispot i dont think you need this software. this can be accomplished using the n900 itself.

Originally Posted by sic_lic1o1 View Post
Do you have a link how to install honeycomb on micro sd card? I'm going to give it a try to see if the adhoc connection is any better. Or maybe it's something between the n900 and the nook. I asked the guy posted the on YouTube about the problem and he told me the problem is with the n900 not the nook.
Here you go: click me

It's the same one I used via XDA Developers.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
negatron dan