Hi,
does anyone know, if there someone working on Amazfit Bip support? As the Pebble devices getting older and older, Amazfit Bip seems to be a good successor of our beloved Pebbles: I bought one, and battery life time as well as the screen is really amazing (could have been Pebble 3). It would be great, if it would work with Sailfish OS.
Unfortunately, AlienDalvik cannot use Bluetooth, so that the Android Apps (Mi Fit or Gadgetbridge) are not able to communicate with the device (additionally it is doubtful if notifications would work). Any ideas about that?

The Following User Says Thank You to Caluna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Caluna View Post
Hi,
does anyone know, if there someone working on Amazfit Bip support? As the Pebble devices getting older and older, Amazfit Bip seems to be a good successor of our beloved Pebbles: I bought one, and battery life time as well as the screen is really amazing (could have been Pebble 3). It would be great, if it would work with Sailfish OS.
Unfortunately, AlienDalvik cannot use Bluetooth, so that the Android Apps (Mi Fit or Gadgetbridge) are not able to communicate with the device (additionally it is doubtful if notifications would work). Any ideas about that?
I have two original Pebble Steels and have purchased six batteries to replace as needed, because I refuse to give up on my Pebble Steel. The Rebble replacement is making swift progress, check out their discord server sometime.

Meanwhile, I can't see any real alternatives on the horizon. If the stack for Bip is open, maybe we can do what was done for rockpool when the ubuntu libpebble was ported over. It's really up in the air right now. If I had a Bip, I'd start working on it, naturally.

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
If someone missed this piece of news - Rebble people have a plan:

http://rebble.io/2018/02/15/rebble-web-services.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Rebble on sailfish?
No info anywhere and instructions on boot.rebble.io are not for rockpool, but official pebble app.

The Following User Says Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by feedme View Post
Rebble on sailfish?
No info anywhere and instructions on boot.rebble.io are not for rockpool, but official pebble app.
I think Rockpool is no longer compatible with the new rebble servers. Support of Rockpool seems down. You could try to contact Abranson on openrepos.net, who's the maintainer.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maerom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Caluna View Post
Hi,
Did you check this one out?
https://openrepos.net/content/piggz/amazfish
Please let us know how it works since several Pebble users are considering Amazfit as a follow up device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowman74 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No daemon there yet. Amazfit is rather simplistic compared to Pebble, though it does have amazing battery life and a heart rate reader.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Why is everyone always so eager to have body functions measured all the time. I consider a device that monitors my heart rate rather on the no-go-side.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Seems like the moment I hoped would never come is here. My Pebble time got leaky and moisture inside the device. I'm trying to repair this (removed the front glass, am now drying it and then try to reseal it), but since the battery starts to degrade, it may be time to look for a follow up.

My use case is not super special: I just want a smartwatch to notify me of mails and messages (SMS and from applications), having a (countdown) timer and controlling music playback with it. And of course it should work with my SFOS device.

So, how are your experiences with other smartwatches? I took a look at the Amazfit (which from my understanding has the best SFOS support with Amazfish in OpenRepos), but as far as I understood it, there is no playback control feature (at least not with Amazfish / SFOS).
Are there other smartwatches which fit my demands?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
Seems like the moment I hoped would never come is here. My Pebble time got leaky and moisture inside the device.(snip)
Assuming you can survive/correct the moisture issue and get your watch re-sealed...
I think I have had mine open, you should be able to ebay/taobao/aliexpress a replacement battery, I think it is soldered down to the board but this is not terribly difficult to do, two wires down to pads or holes. If you don't feel skilled a cellphone repair place should be able to do the soldering for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, sailfish, sailfish os