Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Barcelona
hi all,

new here, bought a N810 in NYC last week.

I've been through the upgrade process, absolutely disapointed:
1) image took forever to download
3) the restore does not work as expected

So now I have a partly functional device !!!

Nokia could do better, Nokia OUGHT to do better next time or I'll quit and go for the Asus EE o Apple Iphone.

Garfi (in Barcelona)

Last edited by garfi; 2007-12-20 at 17:53.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Another new thread! And one with a threat to move to an Eee or iPhone no less. Actually it's all the new users that have created this problem! (I'm kidding of course, sort of. )

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by garfi View Post
Nkia OUGHT to do better next time or I'll quit and go for the Asus EE o Apple Iphone.
O please don't go. Nkia will try harder next time, dad, I promise!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyghost For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Another new thread! And one with a threat to move to an Eee or iPhone no less. Actually it's all the new users that have created this problem! (I'm kidding of course, sort of. )
I think you're absolutely right in saying it's the new users. Look at where all the complaints on this forum are coming from: people who've registered in December and usually have less than 5 posts.

Most of the long-time users are quiet on the issue (admittedly bad) and are just waiting for the flurry of activity to subside.

R.
==

The Following User Says Thank You to rickh For This Useful Post:
Easy, guys. He's frustrated and annoyed. We've all been there. Let's not escalate this.

Garfi, please send your experience to Nokia. I'm sure it will help the people within Nokia who are trying to fix this problem and prevent similar problems in the future.

Originally Posted by rickh View Post
I think you're absolutely right in saying it's the new users. Look at where all the complaints on this forum are coming from: people who've registered in December and usually have less than 5 posts.

Most of the long-time users are quiet on the issue (admittedly bad) and are just waiting for the flurry of activity to subside.

R.
==
I don't see a relation between new users and Nokia failing miserably to provide a painless upgrade process.

Garfi

Originally Posted by garfi
1) image took forever to download
Possibly due to your network connection ? There were a lot of people hitting the site to get the update. Sometimes the tubes get clogged up

Every site has this happen...and usually at the worst time!

3) the restore does not work as expected
Define what your expectations are..I did a test restore on my n810 and it worked perfectly. Everything I told it to backup it did. I'm not trying to flame here. I would like to know specifically what issues you had in case a bug report may need to be filed so it can be fixed. Or if someone here has had the same issue they can relate their experience to you.

Nokia could do better, Nokia OUGHT to do better next time or I'll quit and go for the Asus EE o Apple Iphone.
Ummm...ok..go for it?

btw welcome to the board

Originally Posted by jwalters View Post

btw welcome to the board
hey thanks !!

The issue with the download was not related to network problems, not at least on my side: 20 MB download link, not getting more than 15 kbps from the other side.

As for the restore problems it could be due to some repositories being offline or timing out ?

Garfi

Originally Posted by garfi View Post
hey thanks !!

The issue with the download was not related to network problems, not at least on my side: 20 MB download link, not getting more than 15 kbps from the other side.

As for the restore problems it could be due to some repositories being offline or timing out ?

Garfi

I would say the slowness was due to everyone hitting it at the same time..Gotta have the latest hotness As for the restore problem did you save the backup to a memory card or to the internal card? I restored from a 2G memory card and it worked fine for me.

Originally Posted by jwalters View Post
I would say the slowness was due to everyone hitting it at the same time..Gotta have the latest hotness As for the restore problem did you save the backup to a memory card or to the internal card? I restored from a 2G memory card and it worked fine for me.
External 2 GB card.

Garfi

The Following User Says Thank You to garfi For This Useful Post: