Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Yeap the bars lines not look very well. a solid black background will highlight the colors of the clock.This will look ok with "black-background with cyan/or amber"
A black background is against Asteroids ui guidelines (i think), thats actually what makes designing them quite a challenge.

I hope you like this version with your color suggestions added, also i did name it karlos-matrix for a little name drop. Thanks again for the suggestions.

This is what i got for april after some easterhack
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
AsteroidOS v1.0 is relased as you may have seen, so it is time to do a little wrap up on the watchface front.

For one, velox updated his kitt and got merged to unofficial yesterday.

Earlier this month Hunterb optimized his retro-lcd to comply with asteroids wallpaper focus.

Kido kindly selected some of my watchfaces to become stock in v1.0 and i spend much time into further refactoring and nicening those.

If not already done, it would be really great if you all could retweet the official announcement for some more exposure of this cool project

EDIT, my favourite wallpaper + watchface combinations in Asteroid v1.0

Last edited by mosen; 2018-05-17 at 19:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
As I find the lack of lcars styled watchfaces dissappointing I tried to create a nice looking watchface during my tests of AsteroidOS 1.0
(if you are interested in it RadioTux Juni 2018 will have a review [german podcast]).

This is the result.

You can find the watchface used font aswell as two wallpapers here: https://github.com/llelectronics/lca...ace-asteroidos

P.S.: Is there a way to make the delay longer until the AsteroidOS watch sleeps the display? It is set to 5 seconds or so which I want to raise to 15 or even 30 secs.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Yay!
Gotta love it.

I quickly asked kido on #asteroid and the simple answer is:

<kido> he can do this with mcetool the same way he would do on sailfishos, I guess. he also needs to know that the watchface screen is considered as "the lock screen".

the values are set from mce's source code https://github.com/AsteroidOS/meta-a...lanking-.patch

but they can be dynamically changed with mcetool
also it would be really great if you would PR your work to unofficial-watchfaces repo so everyone can enjoy!
Thanks again for you effort. Very cool. Can't wait to hear your "transmissions" as always

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
When i was "planning" an lcars design i had in mind to have a stardate display Maybe that would be cool to have in your design now so i can stop thinking about?
I failed to calculate/assign the month numbers correctly back then, tho it looked quite easy...
https://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Stardates

More important, on the wallpaper and ui elements mix up.
Best practice in Asteroids UI (currently) is to supply the graphical elements independent from the wallpaper, as transparent image. Then integrate it like you already did but commented out in your linked source code.

The black background is a much discussed topic and will not be available by stock means (afaics).
For having pure black your are right in providing it as custom selectable wallpaper with your watchface.

Main reasoning for separating graphical elements and background:
1. by not providing the ui elements in the watchface, it will look "naked" in the watchface selection list even if the current wallpaper is active.
2. two steps are necessary to have the watchface look like intended (select watchface, then select wallpaper)
3. users are forced into full black background where it would be possible to offer them choice to have the ui elements on a differnt wallpaper like the stock starry one or other fitting dark images.

For the different designs, i guess it would be good to have two separate qmls. They then show up neatly side by side in the watchface selection list.
Or be the first one to employ touch detection on the watchface and switch the design within one qml by e.g. doubletap?

If you are short on time i would be very happy to provide you with the sliced images and PR them into your repo somewhen next week.

And again, absolutely frikkin' great that you are looking into Asteroid. I hope you find some things you like about it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
If you are short on time i would be very happy to provide you with the sliced images and PR them into your repo somewhen next week.
That would be great.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post: