Posts: 7 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Colorado
It just got here and I'm playing around with it. My good friend @tvall has been trying to talk me into the meeting/maemo world from Android and has been sort of my guide to this stufdf so far. I've never played with Nokia stuff much so I scooped this up for a good deal. From what in told it's a very early hardware revision comparison to retail units. But it seems to be running retail software. Is there any way to tell what could be different hardware wise on it?

Media attached of the phone. It's a 64gb aswell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cammykool For This Useful Post:
Hi, I am new to meego-ing as well. In terms of hardware/software you asked about, idk, but I did was run your phone's IMEI through my provider's checker. I don't know about other networks, but mine says that phone will connect only as high as 2G.

The Following User Says Thank You to AdaBwana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AdaBwana View Post
Hi, I am new to meego-ing as well. In terms of hardware/software you asked about, idk, but I did was run your phone's IMEI through my provider's checker. I don't know about other networks, but mine says that phone will connect only as high as 2G.
What carrier? When I bought this phone it shipped from Russia. I might throw a spare TMobile USA sim card in it. See how it works

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to cammykool For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Hardware-wise, at least the first thing that comes to mind is that your device seems to be a 64GB variant which officially were made only in Black or White housing, hence your Cyan one is unique

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hardware-wise, at least the first thing that comes to mind is that your device seems to be a 64GB variant which officially were made only in Black or White housing, hence your Cyan one is unique
i know its legit because the IMEI matches the back. it has retsil software on it so no cool dev stuff. but again from what im told this is a VERY early hardware revision

The Following User Says Thank You to cammykool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cammykool View Post
i know its legit because the IMEI matches the back. it has retsil software on it so no cool dev stuff. but again from what im told this is a VERY early hardware revision
Not hard to write the imei on the back with a typing machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to youFailed For This Useful Post: