Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Can confirm that Jolla did/changed something today!?

Wanted to update two Jollas 1 today and faced the same prob (update size not determinable).
Thought of app registry cleaning (somewhere around 18-20 UTC+1) and suddenly it worked.
Checked the update once more on the other device (after restart) and there without the app registry trick it worked.

So Jolla is/was responsible for that inconvenience of Dave!!!

! My Jolla C had no probs ....

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It's a SCAM!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Liked the old backup routine where one could choose what to backup.
Now I switch to another small SD card, do backup and upgrade and then switch back to the old large one.
No hidden settings for old functionality?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
Liked the old backup routine where one could choose what to backup.
Now I switch to another small SD card, do backup and upgrade and then switch back to the old large one.
No hidden settings for old functionality?
I'm not sure but i think there is also one more new functionality. The backup utility deletes automatically older backups and only leaves the latest two.

Could somebody confirm?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2016 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I'm not sure but i think there is also one more new functionality. The backup utility deletes automatically older backups and only leaves the latest two.

Could somebody confirm?
Yea, at least I didn't find any way around that. I suppose it's a feature.

It's always possible, that I just couldn't figure out a way to keep my old back ups in tact. If somebody has a way, that would be nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtkleine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
still no love (update) for intex AF.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
I updated intex aqua fish to Fiskarsinjoki yesterday and I appreciate new features. But one thing I noticed the battery dropped from 62 to 51% overnight with both sim card working. I wanna ask u guys is this battery drop massive or normal considering I don't use this device for anything, no calls, no internet, nothing?

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
I updated intex aqua fish to Fiskarsinjoki yesterday and I appreciate new features. But one thing I noticed the battery dropped from 62 to 51% overnight with both sim card working. I wanna ask u guys is this battery drop massive or normal considering I don't use this device for anything, no calls, no internet, nothing?
It's normal for SailfishOS that consume more energy after upgrade.
After couple hours everything will go back to normal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
11% charge drop overnight (how long is that, 6h, 8h, 10h ?) is not too bad I think. I'd imagine you get that with almost any device and AF does not have anything like an exceptionally good battery.

Heck, I consider it extremely crazily excellent performance that my SFOS/Hammerhead on Fiskarsinjoki drops about 40% in 24h when idle... that's around 13% "overnight"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
11% charge drop overnight (how long is that, 6h, 8h, 10h ?) is not too bad I think. I'd imagine you get that with almost any device and AF does not have anything like an exceptionally good battery.

Heck, I consider it extremely crazily excellent performance that my SFOS/Hammerhead on Fiskarsinjoki drops about 40% in 24h when idle... that's around 13% "overnight"
That is pretty bad. But on the other hand. Most might not buy jolla for its performance or power management so guess it's OK.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: