Posts: 7 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2016 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I am sorry to say it but this is a load of bullcrap.
I updated 3 devices; Jolla sbj-1, Jolla model-C and Jolla tablet when the update came online and all went OK without any problems...
Great, that's promising! When did you do this? The complains specific to 2.0.4 seem to be from recent days. I had this naïve idea, that even though something has been working perfectly it might some day just go kaput and need some fixing. With something I mean here the repository for 2.0.4.13/14.

There are some (I'm one of them) for whom everything else in the Jolla store and OTA system update seem to work except Fiskarsinjoki. In my case, I'm sure I just factory reseted my phone with crappy procedure several times and the store/OTA otherwise working fall just under insufficient testing and bull like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtkleine For This Useful Post:
If there are some other persons also, who have managed to update in the past few days, I would be grateful if they could mention it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jtkleine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by jtkleine View Post
If there are some other persons also, who have managed to update in the past few days, I would be grateful if they could mention it.
I did an OTA today from 2.0.4.13 towards 2.0.4.14 on a Nexus 5.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I am sorry to say it but this is a load of bullcrap.
I updated 3 devices; Jolla sbj-1, Jolla model-C and Jolla tablet when the update came online and all went OK without any problems.

The one and only device which does have a lot of updete problems is my self-compiled Hammerhead device which did not update cleanly with OTA and for which I was unable to compile a fully-working 2.0.4.14/cm12.1 despite several tries...
Well, It doesn't matter much. It still not help my totally clean device to get the update.

I double dare you to factory reset all of your devices and try again

also, if you have a solution. please share.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
I did an OTA today from 2.0.4.13 towards 2.0.4.14 on a Nexus 5.
Thanks! Just checked and still not working for me (either GUI or terminal) I think I'll reset my Jolla 1 later today when I have the time and start from scratch once more.

The Following User Says Thank You to jtkleine For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Just checked and still not working for me (either GUI or terminal)...
Correction! WOW! A minute ago I made just one more try (via GUI) just for the hell of it and now it started downloading the update. Phew, I'm happy now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jtkleine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Correction! WOW! A minute ago I made just one more try (via GUI) just for the hell of it and now it started downloading the update. Phew, I'm happy now.
Congrats. You are the lucky winner!
Nothing here.

Correction: After a restart...I'm also a winner. Download starting as expected...progressing like never before.

Jolla has solved it. Excellento!

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-06 at 17:54.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Great, that's promising! When did you do this? The complains specific to 2.0.4 seem to be from recent days. I had this naïve idea, that even though something has been working perfectly it might some day just go kaput and need some fixing. With something I mean here the repository for 2.0.4.13/14.

There are some (I'm one of them) for whom everything else in the Jolla store and OTA system update seem to work except Fiskarsinjoki. In my case, I'm sure I just factory reseted my phone with crappy procedure several times and the store/OTA otherwise working fall just under insufficient testing and bull like that.
I updated the first day it came out, what was it, probably 2 weeks ago or so. Have had it running since, and it has been so long I have forgotten when was it exactly.

I had 2.0.4.13 early access on my sbj-1 before that, but the tablet and Model-C I updated from 2.0.2.x

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Fiskarsinjoki wasn't that fun. But atleast we are up to date.

That must count for something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
For those that didn't notice, it is indeed mentioned there was a problem with the repos and now it should be fixed:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-150673

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: