Poll: What would you pay for an unlocked N900? US Dollars
Poll Options
What would you pay for an unlocked N900? US Dollars

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Just wondering what you would pay for an unlocked n900?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31050
I am aware of this poll, mine is different though,
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

allnameswereout, I probably should have said, what the most you will pay, I guess you will pay any amount. I should have put in first born child as an option too...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I think the tablet community is very cheap, and it will be the phone guys willing to buy apps and support the OS with financial investment more than the old blood. What would you guys have paid for the N95, E90, N97, Palm Pre, or iPhone? This isn't the N8xx with a middling processor and a sad camera. I bet this device cost nearly $180 to manufacture, and after marketing, carrier profits, OEM profits, etc, how can they make any money from a $300 lick?? Be realistic, fellas. We won't pay for most of the apps, so at least pay for the device. This isn't a Honda, it's a BMW, and no one else's phone is close. Being King comes at a premium, and $600-700 is standard for smartphone flagship kit of this level. Wake up!

I think this community may be a thorn to the device for lack of recognizing value. I hope not.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I think the tablet community is very cheap,....
"And 700$ isn't that much money anyway imho" Not really, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...236#post317236 thread #4.

bun

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
What would you guys have paid for the N95, E90, N97, Palm Pre, or iPhone?
I'd pay between $10 and $20 U.S. for any one of those in good condition, with all original accessories, and in box. None of them are interesting devices, but it'd be worth $10 to $20 to play with the buttons, blinky lights, and whatnot for a while.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
What is the point of buying an unlocked phone atleast in the US since the n900 would not work with any other 3G other than t-mobile. It is better to switch and get it at a lower price rather than buy it unlocked and use it only for edge.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
...and it will be the phone guys willing to buy apps and support the OS with financial investment more than the old blood.

I think this community may be a thorn to the device for lack of recognizing value. I hope not.
The old blood have been supporting the OS with their time and effort being given freely since 2005. It's because of the old blood that these tablets are more than just a small experiment that died out.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
allnameswereout, I probably should have said, what the most you will pay, I guess you will pay any amount. I should have put in first born child as an option too...
In that case you should have made sure only 1 choice can be made.