Notices

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
My logitech is usb cordless,so the usb wifi is plugged into the n800, the 800 is providing the power the to the wireless adapter.

I compiled joydev.ko for joystick support

insmod joydev.ko

http://penguinbait.com/joydev.ko

Its working great but there are no apps that I know of that will take advantage of them. I am hoping quetoo will work, but I need to figure out how to map the correct buttons, the menu would be nice,is it possible to get that in quetoo?? Perhaps quake will work, I will try that next.

Here is how I know its working (KDE has a joystick test tool)

All 10 buttons register and all the dpads are working

I just got done playing quetoo and it runs awesome, and with this full function cordless jostick, it would be really cool, its time to start porting all kinds of games

Joysticks, cdrom/dvds harddrives, I am loving this USB OTG support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Sweet! I have a logitech dual-analog non-wireless gamepad (can't remember the specific model right now), and I'm anxious to give it a try when I get my N800 this Christmas (you hear me Santa? Or next year you might just find a fire-ant mound in my fireplace.)

YOU ARE AWESOME! I own TWO of those gamepads... best ones on the market, IHMO! I will have to test this once I get a USB adapter... which one do I get for the N800???

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
YOU ARE AWESOME! I own TWO of those gamepads... best ones on the market, IHMO! I will have to test this once I get a USB adapter... which one do I get for the N800???
I have two of them also

I am using standard n800 usb cable and a Female A to Female A gender bender, I just do an echo as stated in the other threads and I was up.

Gender Bender
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/S...productID=2823

echo host > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode

This works but, I have no apps to play on yet. Quake2 I need to alter the command line bindings, I have not tried quake or mame yet, those are my next targets.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
WOW, I just installed qjoypad, and its awesome, I can map all the buttons and axis on my logitech to any keyboard keys.

I just played quake on my logitech cordless rumblepad, and it worked great, I mapped the buttons to a b c d e f and so on, then went into quake and setup the contols.

FINALLY a working game controller woohoo

I also compiled joy2key, but the setup is not easy, there was a frontend, but it would not compile for me. But if you are not using KDE I am not sure qjoypad is going to help you, so you are going to have to learn joy2key.

Perhaps a maemo developer could make a qjoypad type application for maemo.

EDIT
WOW, using VNC, I was able to map the right click to a joystick button, This may prove usefull?

Last edited by penguinbait; 2007-12-20 at 02:02.

Nice! Are there any issues with running the xsp sdlquake in kde or are you running in non-xsp mode?

As for quetoo, I think the normal quake 2 needs autoexec.cfg line :
set in_joystick "1"

Assuming quetoo didnt rip out joystick support to make lean (like they did with the menus), you might try that... although if that does work theres alot of potential for complicated axis mapping which might yield better performance/accuracy.

For vnc or rdesktop I could see mapping buttons to browser fullscreen key, right click. I dont suppose you could map axis to mouse axis could you? Or would bluetooth mouse would work with KDE?

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Nice! Are there any issues with running the xsp sdlquake in kde or are you running in non-xsp mode?
I need to download the latest I have an old version, I just wanted to test

As for quetoo, I think the normal quake 2 needs autoexec.cfg line :
set in_joystick "1" I will try this but the keyboard emulation appears to be working well.

Assuming quetoo didnt rip out joystick support to make lean (like they did with the menus), you might try that... although if that does work theres alot of potential for complicated axis mapping which might yield better performance/accuracy.

For vnc or rdesktop I could see mapping buttons to browser fullscreen key, right click. I dont suppose you could map axis to mouse axis could you? Or would bluetooth mouse would work with KDE?
No you can map any key to any mouse button, but you can not map an axis to a mouse button, I already tried.

Oh so many questions, I just did this for q2
I currently am running all the axis, I have three on this thing to up/down/left/right, but I could map any of the three axis to any keys.
user.cfg:
bind i "invuse"
bind e "+moveleft"
bind f "+moveright"
bind g "invnext"
bind h "centerview"
bind j "weapnext"
bind c "+lookdown"
bind a "+attack"
bind b "+jump"
bind d "+lookup"
bind UPARROW "+forward"
bind DOWNARROW "+back"
bind LEFTARROW "+left"
bind RIGHTARROW "+right"

Now the ultimate flattery, being called an AIMBOT! when playing multiplayer on tablet

I plan to try this out tonight. I bought a set of adapter from Big Lots for $10, and it included what I needed. http://cgi.ebay.com/Travel-Solutions...QQcmdZViewItem

By the way, would this driver help at all? It's old, but it's for the Logitech devices: http://www.wingmanteam.com/linux.htm

Those devices are NON HID compliant, thats why they need drivers. The driver module I provided is all you need to get joystick support. Well sort of, it will give you joystick support, but you need a game or software to use the gamepad in order to take advantage of it.

qjoypad maps the button presses to a key, joy2key does the same. What we need is a maemo software package that will translate the button presses into key presses. It should be integrated into the control panel.

I just used this.
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/S...productID=2823