just bought N900 a few days ago... then i downloaded some apps to my phone like batt-eyes...after restarting my phone, my batt icon on the top just dissapear...hope someone can help me...

Last edited by hhh7fold; 2010-11-04 at 17:43.

I wish I could, let me ask you...I have a perhaps similar issue. I had to reflash the kernel and file system after installing pr 1.3 due to my stupidity. anyway so I have a blank slate. I installed advanced-power which worked perfectly on pr 1.2 and my battery bar swoosh gone. I uninstall advanced-power and I get it back. here is a link to the thread, nobody has an answer as of yet.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=24905&page=63

Last edited by extendedping; 2010-11-04 at 18:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
thnks....i got my batt icon back after uninstalling it....

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
hhh7fold: So what was the app that caused this problem for you? Advanced Power? What repositories did you have enabled? Also, can you tell me what you have installed currently? (And what of that was installed when you installed Advanced Power?) Because a few people have been reporting this issue, and I'm trying to figure out what the problem is, until the developer has the time to participate more actively and solve it.

Yes, it also happened when i installed Advanced Power. Even after uninstalling it, the batt icon still disappear. The solution i found was to restart my n900 and it appeared again. Just restart the phone after installing Advanced Power. Should be ok

The Following User Says Thank You to jpurnomosidi For This Useful Post:
Okay, so yours was just the normal restart hildon-status-menu (which rebooting does) and it will reappear.

The only problem is that for some people, the Hildon Status Menu got messed up and their icon wouldn't come back even after a reboot.

Yupp same with me.. I lost the battery icon and reboot didn't work .. So I had to uninstall that app to get it bck.

The Following User Says Thank You to PathFinder@9GS For This Useful Post:
Any chance you could list what you had installed at the time (if you remember), and/or what repository you got it from?

It was from extras and it was the only app I installed at that time
(as it was the only new app in the extras at tht time :P ).
and I uninstalled that app only which gave me back my battery icon

same with me...i just installed app call battery-eye....then after reboot my batt icon just dissapear....then i unistalled it....then the batt icon gets back again without rebooting my phone