Please install Firmware 2.2009.51-1!

My problems are solved now (disconnects with BH-900 headset).

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
My Nokia BH-214 works very nicely with the N900. For some reason the sound quality is even somewhat superior when listening compared to connecting the headset to my MacMini.

Rarely there are short glitches in the music playbay, not sure what is causing it, probably the cpu N900 is getting busy with some background task like synching mfe. But rare enough that it really does not annoy me.

The Following User Says Thank You to joergen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stavanger, Norway
The update did not help me ... my N900 does not see my Jawbone 2 at all

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
My BH-905 troubles are fixed with PR1.1.

Happily listening to
http://www.chessinconcert.com/
That's great news!

Originally Posted by kaareir View Post
The update did not help me ... my N900 does not see my Jawbone 2 at all
I had all 3 Jawbones an d they all worked, but were so choppy they were unusable.

I have the nokia bh-202 bluetooth headset and updated the firmware.
my n900 still can't find it, any ideas???

Thx Chris

Originally Posted by newone2 View Post
I have the nokia bh-202 bluetooth headset and updated the firmware.
my n900 still can't find it, any ideas???

Thx Chris
Yup

You entered an entry into the bug report associated with this thread? That's the way to "maybe" get this fixed.

much worse for me overall. primarily because the disconnects are more frequent. the stuttering is less on a2dp, but still has frequent gaps - not quick blips, but long enough to think it disconnectsed. but, i don't care about that because i don't stay connected long enough to care.

disconnects with three of my cars are more frequent and tend to be faster. pre1.1 they weren't this often and consistently not w/in a few minutes of connecting. i could at least answer the phone sometimes before kicking me off. same problem disconnect problems with my hfp and a2dp devices including my bh-905.

i did a lot of testing (detail in bug 6766) all day after installing update on a fresh flash even keeping a precise log. i've flashed again since i last posted - still the same.

i called nokia and they wouldn't take it for warranty repair because "we know about the problems with bluetooth. everyone is having them and we are working on a fix" (exact quote and almost verbatim what they told me right after i got the thing). i guarantee more people call nokia for this than get involved with the forums/bugs. you see the same names all the time.

this is so pervasive out there and so easily reproduced, i have no idea why this would have been released like this or why with so many ppl complaining they seem to be taking it lightly and playing dumb.

i've noticed that people say it's completely fixed have nokia headsets... i know my bh-905 still disconnects and cuts out the same as my moto s9-hd. oddly, you'll see a post saying it didn't fix nokia model blah and the next post is a one liner saying all problems solved with at least one "!". weird.

so, i'm now on a different mission. i overnighted one, saturday delivery. tested out of box - exactly the same behavior/problems as mine.

yesterday i sent email to a few phone fanatic lists at work to find someone else with one. i found 3. i told them what i wanted and we were having coffee a few hours later. they all have the same issues (bt and others i've had). i didn't even have to start the convo on the update since someone asked, 'have any of you seen an improvement with either updates? i can't figure out what they updated and it seems bt is even worse.'

bt was the biggest topic and by far the biggest frustration. that led to me saying i would get another that may come from a different batch and test.

so, based on talking to nokia, all the differnt devices i've tried, flashing and reflashing, meeting with 3 others who have same issues and the new one that'll be going back as doa, i'm confident that bt is unusable and it's not just the n900 i have or me.

yeah, ocd + add is fun :-)

come on nokia, i want maemo and i've made peace with many other issues pushed to harmattan, but this needs more urgency and a fix because we NEED bt. oh, and more testing before release. i think i've more.

Last edited by hex900; 2010-01-17 at 11:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hex900 For This Useful Post:
i have jawbone 2 and prime. i cant exit pairing screen even after pairing with the prime. secondly, the device pairs but absolutely no audio comes out. device is trusted and often transferred back and forth to ensure its selection.

Originally Posted by hex900 View Post
much worse for me overall. primarily because the disconnects are more frequent. the stuttering is less on a2dp, but still has frequent gaps - not quick blips, but long enough to think it disconnectsed. but, i don't care about that because i don't stay connected long enough to care.

disconnects with three of my cars are more frequent and tend to be faster. pre1.1 they weren't this often and consistently not w/in a few minutes of connecting. i could at least answer the phone sometimes before kicking me off. same problem disconnect problems with my hfp and a2dp devices including my bh-905.

i did a lot of testing (detail in bug 6766) all day after installing update on a fresh flash even keeping a precise log. i've flashed again since i last posted - still the same.

i called nokia and they wouldn't take it for warranty repair because "we know about the problems with bluetooth. everyone is having them and we are working on a fix" (exact quote and almost verbatim what they told me right after i got the thing). i guarantee more people call nokia for this than get involved with the forums/bugs. you see the same names all the time.

this is so pervasive out there and so easily reproduced, i have no idea why this would have been released like this or why with so many ppl complaining they seem to be taking it lightly and playing dumb.

i've noticed that people say it's completely fixed have nokia headsets... i know my bh-905 still disconnects and cuts out the same as my moto s9-hd. oddly, you'll see a post saying it didn't fix nokia model blah and the next post is a one liner saying all problems solved with at least one "!". weird.

so, i'm now on a different mission. i overnighted one, saturday delivery. tested out of box - exactly the same behavior/problems as mine.

yesterday i sent email to a few phone fanatic lists at work to find someone else with one. i found 3. i told them what i wanted and we were having coffee a few hours later. they all have the same issues (bt and others i've had). i didn't even have to start the convo on the update since someone asked, 'have any of you seen an improvement with either updates? i can't figure out what they updated and it seems bt is even worse.'

bt was the biggest topic and by far the biggest frustration. that led to me saying i would get another that may come from a different batch and test.

so, based on talking to nokia, all the differnt devices i've tried, flashing and reflashing, meeting with 3 others who have same issues and the new one that'll be going back as doa, i'm confident that bt is unusable and it's not just the n900 i have or me.

yeah, ocd + add is fun :-)

come on nokia, i want maemo and i've made peace with many other issues pushed to harmattan, but this needs more urgency and a fix because we NEED bt. oh, and more testing before release. i think i've more.
100% Agree! Very accurate assessment. Thank you for the validation! I'll be surprised if they can resolve this with SW. The mystery to me is why this isn't a "burning" issue here??