Active Topics

Today, we're launching Maemo Talk!

Think of it as itT v2.0. It's an ad-free site that will report on everything Maemo. It is not officially part of maemo.org nor affiliated with Nokia, but the site aims to showcase what's happening in maemo.org, as well as from other Maemo enthusiast sites.

It's still work in progress. There are a few more things we are revealing soon so, keep an eye on the site. Also, we need volunteers to blog about Maemo and the N900. Let us know if you want to be part of the team.

Check it out: http://maemotalk.com

Comments and suggestions welcome as always.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Good looking site!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Congrats reggie.

But why cant we have everything on maemo.org. Too many sites would make it more confusing and harder to follow the platform. I wish we had only one main site.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Congrats reggie.

But why cant we have everything on maemo.org. Too many sites would make it more confusing and harder to follow the platform. I wish we had only one main site.
It's actually good for exposure to have multiple sites. BUT-- it's also good if there's a certain level of partnership / integration / crosstalk as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Congrats reggie.

The truth of the matter is that the Maemo community is no longer just the people here on this site anymore. If this were a year ago, I'd completely agree, but we're going to see a TON more interest in Maemo and people are going to be creating separate sites anyways. Actually, there's already been a ton of new Maemo sites popping up all over the place when you think about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
That's uber-frustrating.
talk.maemo and maemo talk are different sites now? Are you kidding?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
I have to agree with Wazd that the name would be an interesting one; but still, good to see yet another Mameo-oriented site.

I wonder how well the new site plays on the N900., Seems like there's a good bit of play within the optical viewing range if resolution and physical size are taken into consideration. Should be interesting, and will check it out on my N97 as I get some time today.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
Wow, talking about fragmentation.

The Following User Says Thank You to X-Fade For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
It's actually good for exposure to have multiple sites. BUT-- it's also good if there's a certain level of partnership / integration / crosstalk as well.
I agree that the more information the better.... but why cant we have all the information at one place? I am already wasting loads of time on talk.maemo.org, i really cannot afford to follow more sites