Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
A bit, though not a lot. I'd say the main problem is that it makes the screen more reflective, though I never used my N800 without one, so can't really say.
This is actually an option depending on the screen protector you buy. You can get a clear protector which will tend to increase the glare but also allow all the screen brightness through. You can also get protectors that are designed to reduce the glare at the expense of some screen brightness. They generally have a rough surface which disperses incoming (and some outgoing) light. I prefer the anti-glare protectors because they also facilitate writing on the screen since they produce a more paper-like feel.

As far as the N900, all this is academic at the moment. In general you will have to wait a bit to buy third party protectors. Assuming the N900 is successful they should start to crop up soon. I don't know that I'd recommend any of those that already show up on Google Shopping - I've never heard of the companies involved.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
ZAGG has made invisibleSHIELDs for the 770, the N800, and the N810. The N900 is virtually guaranteed to sell in greater quantities than any of the tablets, so it seems quite unlikely ZAGG is going to skip it.
Let me clarify.

They said we need to fill out the forms to see if there is enough interest. I sent in a question about whether they will make one. And they said they would if there was enough interest.

If you don't want one, it won't kill you to fill out the form.

Originally Posted by remister View Post
How does a screen protector affect a resisitive screen?
I've got one on my N810 and notice absolutely no difference. As someone who is really obsessive compulsive about keeping electronics in tip top shape, I can't imagine owning any more gadgets without full body protectors. My buddy has one on his Palm Pre and I didn't notice any difference, even with multi-touch.

Zagg is very very likely to come out with a shield for the N900. They've got shields for some of the crappiest phones and odd devices. I don't see why they would not make one. It just takes a bit of time until the N900 is more saturated in the US.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by cheetos316 View Post
I've got one on my N810 and notice absolutely no difference. As someone who is really obsessive compulsive about keeping electronics in tip top shape, I can't imagine owning any more gadgets without full body protectors. My buddy has one on his Palm Pre and I didn't notice any difference, even with multi-touch.

Zagg is very very likely to come out with a shield for the N900. They've got shields for some of the crappiest phones and odd devices. I don't see why they would not make one. It just takes a bit of time until the N900 is more saturated in the US.
Yeah, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling. They said, they make them when they get a threshold of requests for them. If nobody requests, they don't go for it. I also sent in a request to better skinz as well.

I have a Samsung Eternity I'm going to sell. It still has the protective film with decal on it from the factory. It's resistive as well, makes no difference.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by f(x) View Post
Ask that to my $5 precision knife. It seems it cut it the way that it should. (Maybe there is some secrete nano-laser-die-cutter hidden in it).
Oh, you must be thinking of a simple rectangular cut then i don't think it's worth buying a set of invisible shields for.

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hi,
I need you guys to help get Zagg interested in making an invisibleshield. Please go here and fill out the request form. They said if enough people expressed an interest, they would make one.

THIS is for the Nokia N900. The thread was moved from that thread making it confusing what I was asking for.

Here's the link.

Zagg Request Form

Thanx!

EDIT:
Let me clarify.

They said we need to fill out the forms to see if there is enough interest. I sent in a question about whether they will make one. And they said they would if there was enough interest.
no way! this company is so full of **** that there's no limits!

if you have no problems and get prime quality, everything is perfect (as with my n800) but if they send you sh...., then you're on your own. with my e71 shield i got one replacement (both worked like a prism, all whites were beautiful ) and after that they required that i must pay more to get new shield. because i've allready had one warranty replacement free. and there it was. email replies were standard form, nobody really read what i wrote, what was the problem, ...

so no way. hope nobody here who orders has problems

I have the Zagg Invisible Shield on my n800. It's squishy..slight loss of sensitivity. Not sure if I would get it again.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I've used BoxWave screen protectors on my N810 and an Invisible Shield on my N800 and Cowon D2 back then...
The BoxWave is a lot more rigid and didn't feel resistive while dragging with the stylus, though they don't do full body shield and they probably lower the sensitivity so it's a hard choice for the next one!

Full body shield by Zagg and screen by BoxWave ?

Or maybe i should just get used to the Zagg's drag resistance but i really felt it was hard to be precise with it...

Have you tried other brands?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Oh, you must be thinking of a simple rectangular cut then i don't think it's worth buying a set of invisible shields for.
No , actually you could cut it into other shapes ,but you will need to be either good with cutting or simply cut a a little bigger rectangular than your need then cut it again with something like this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12590 (I got it from dealextreme and since then it come into many uses for me), as you can see it got many holes that you can use it to control the edges of your rectangular.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by remister View Post
How does a screen protector affect a resisitive screen?
On my N810, it anything the screen protector has given it a better feel. Maybe that's just because I'm not afraid to press hard.

But on the N900, what about that "swipe onto the screen from the left" gesture to bring up the mouse pointer? Is that still going to work well if the screen protector ends at that exact point?

Tags
accessory, invisibleshield, n900, screen protector, zagg