Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by mibry View Post
I have a pro1 and unable to use the hardware keyboard with flatpak. Is it possible to to enable hardware keyboard functionally?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mibry
It would require someone with Pro 1 to look into it. I don't know if it is using some special handling of the keyboard or it goes via regular Maliit modes - never looked into it. But I can check my mailbox for Pro1 once in a while...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
It would require someone with Pro 1 to look into it. I don't know if it is using some special handling of the keyboard or it goes via regular Maliit modes - never looked into it. But I can check my mailbox for Pro1 once in a while...
You have a magic mailbox too.....

Ok as I am the one that asked I will have a look. I am not a developer so I try to understand how it could be done.

Thanks for the great work as well.

Regards

Mibry

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mibry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mibry View Post
Ok as I am the one that asked I will have a look. I am not a developer so I try to understand how it could be done.
I would suggest to ask around on whether HW keyboard is handled via Maliit. If it is fully through Maliit, maybe I made something incomplete while sending data between keyboard and application. Corresponding code is in Maliit plugin under https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpa.../input-context and https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/flatpak-runner

These days Flatpak support is waiting for AARCH64 ports. Newest runtimes are not supporting arm32 making its use bit difficult. Fortunately, aarch64 ports for SFOS are on the way and I would expect that Pro1 will be also transferred to that arch (speculation on my side). For Tama devices, that's at least in my plan

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi, I am trying to use Angelfish on Gemini PDA. Using latest version of Flatpak environment. Everything works, except for the input.

Sailfish OS version: 4.1.0.24

Do you know, what could be the cause?

Thx for any answer and your work, mir57

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mir57 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mir57 View Post
Hi, I am trying to use Angelfish on Gemini PDA. Using latest version of Flatpak environment. Everything works, except for the input.

Sailfish OS version: 4.1.0.24

Do you know, what could be the cause?

Thx for any answer and your work, mir57
I wonder whether you have Maliit Flatpak extension installed? But I have a feeling it was not working on this device for some reason. Why, I don't know or forgot when someone explained it.

I wonder whether you have Maliit Flatpak extension installed? But I have a feeling it was not working on this device for some reason. Why, I don't know or forgot when someone explained it.
I do have...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mir57 For This Useful Post:
This link might help

https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpa...nner/issues/23

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mibry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2020 @ Spain
Hi! Is there any chance to make flatpak work on aarch64 devices? I know there's an issue about this: https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main/issues/21, but it seems that this issue can't be resolved

Originally Posted by carmenfdezb View Post
Hi! Is there any chance to make flatpak work on aarch64 devices? I know there's an issue about this: https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main/issues/21, but it seems that this issue can't be resolved
I have worked for some time trying to resolve it, but couldn't. Maybe someone else has to look into the issue.

I have worked for some time trying to resolve it, but couldn't. Maybe someone else has to look into the issue.
Is the issue the fact that flat apps work without acceleration or that apps don't work at all?

(Also: I wasn't able to use chrome://gpu in angelfish)

Tags
flatpak