Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Here's one.
Fantastic, thanks! The addition of the cursor keys makes a HUGE difference. Why on earth are they not there in the default one?

Just one more thing. Would anyone know how to adopt it to accept pressing the cursor keys whilst holding Shift? THAT's the main reason I want cursor keys, for an easy text selection.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Just one more thing. Would anyone know how to adopt it to accept pressing the cursor keys whilst holding Shift? THAT's the main reason I want cursor keys, for an easy text selection.
Personally, I would like to see no need for the arrow keys at all if the cursor could be moved in an easier way like e.g. sliding a finger on the keyboard. This video should demonstrate it well enough (don't mind the iPad or even the tablet's screen size). Plus, the video also shows the Shift-selection (no need to hold, though) which combined with the sliding really makes the text selection easy and fast.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@tmi, swipe select (almost) works in the Mail application, but it is very hard to use properly. And it does not work pretty much anywhere else (for example, in edit boxes on this very website). If the choice is between waiting for Jolla to implement it to work in any application OR fixing the keyboard layout, I would bet my pants on the latter. Besides, swipe select is still a pain for very large (several pages long) or very small (one or two characters) portions of text.

Come to think of it, another key I would really like is Ctrl. There's nothing like Ctrl-A to "select all".

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Uploaded Indian Language Fonts RPM and Tamil Keyboard to Open Repos. Enjoy. Let me know if any issues.

Updated with Screen Shots

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2014-12-22 at 05:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Uploaded Telugu Keyboard for Sailfish to OpenRepos

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Created a normal qwertz keyboard layout without any üäö keys.
My experience is that I am typing with a lot of errors on the default german keyboard layout.
With this I could reduce my errors to almost nothing.

Maybe I am to accustomed to the blackberry keyboard layouts (both virtual or hardware) but for anyone also having problems with the default this one might help:

https://openrepos.net/content/llelec...-layout-qwertz

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
llelectronics, I tried it, very nice. I guess it would be even better if the ÜÖÄ would be the default selected keys when long pressing, or at least next to UOA.

Yeah I left the default here as it is also with other keyboards on other plattforms.

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Created a normal qwertz keyboard layout without any üäö keys.
My experience is that I am typing with a lot of errors on the default german keyboard layout.
With this I could reduce my errors to almost nothing.

Maybe I am to accustomed to the blackberry keyboard layouts (both virtual or hardware) but for anyone also having problems with the default this one might help:

https://openrepos.net/content/llelec...-layout-qwertz
Hi, I also switched to your kb Layout but I am missing arrow keys.
So, is there a chance for you to add arrows next to the spacebar?

Thanks,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...