I think I waited long enough and went ahead now - even though the distribution of thanks is a little discouraging.

https://coderus.openrepos.net/pm2/pr...lume-warning-2

I've already tested the patch itself for over a week; it does what is desired and seems to have no impact on pulseaudio volumes.
I have installed it through pm3 now (after first undoing the manual patch) and that seems to be working too.

A note for devlopers:
The usage instructions say that .tar.xz is a valid extension, but my Xperia XA2 would not install the patch (even though the archive is intact on my computer).
The phone's journal states "tar: invalid magic" and "tar: short read".
Compressing it as .zip solved that.

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Ok, it seems I don't need to do anything

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Hello, long time no see. I Installed latest update for sailfish and after I did it, I can not use some of my patches. Especially the classic close gesture and the topmenu control. The last is very important to me since i get eye cancer with those big and ugly buttons. It says the patches are not compatible to my os version.

Just a question: Would there be a possibility to have a pull up menu instead of a pull down (top) menu? I mean I really do not need the appgrid from anywhere, this gesture should be used for more important things.

The Following User Says Thank You to NuklearFart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NuklearFart View Post
Hello, long time no see. I Installed latest update for sailfish and after I did it, I can not use some of my patches. Especially the classic close gesture and the topmenu control. The last is very important to me since i get eye cancer with those big and ugly buttons. It says the patches are not compatible to my os version.

Just a question: Would there be a possibility to have a pull up menu instead of a pull down (top) menu? I mean I really do not need the appgrid from anywhere, this gesture should be used for more important things.
Just open the appropriate qml file for whatever you want a pull up menu for, and find wherever it says "PullDownMenu", change it to "PushUpMenu"...
(may need to adapt to situation where there's already a push up menu, but probably not too hard...)

...always make backups first
Attached Images

Last edited by levone1; 2020-11-19 at 20:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I don't know, if Ancelad is still around...

I have updated to SFOS 4.0.1. yesterday. While I got patchmanager to work. The for me most important patch unfortunately doesn't work.

VOLUME CONTROL SETTINGS IS MISSED BADLY! I have no clue how people cope with the standard volume control. I always alter my ringtone accidentally without even seeing that it is almost muted. Nor can I see how loud my media volume is and have to start a media player to alter it. That's horrible rubbish and I have no clue why Jolla doesn't offer some options on that side!!!

Would be great, to have volume control settings adapted for SFOS 4. I'm willing to pay for an updated version (more than just a few beers) and could help with testing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
I have Jolla 1, so I can't do anything, sorry, guys

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
I have Jolla 1, so I can't do anything, sorry, guys
Mmm, beeeer!
Seems we are three already.
I am in with 2 boxes. That's 30€ here.

Btw. Thinking future proof. How much is a used Xperia 10II in your area?
Bundyo just snatched one for 150€ in Bulgaria pick up locally from a private seller. When i look into german refurbished prices its more like 250€.
Thinking low end, refurbished Xperia X go by 100€ even here.
Another option would be someone graciously donating an X/XA2 but there's the shipping cost at least.

But the more important question is, do you even want to continue? Don't want to nudge you or something

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I'm also in with 30 €. Anybody else? Sponsoring Ancelad a device would be a good idea in my opinion (not only for this essential patch)!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Hi i am also in with 30,00 Euros.
I "need" ancelads patches again Topmenu Control and Lockscreen Analog Clock..
We can make "little crowdfounding"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Can confirm the Mmm Beeeer link still works

Since ancelad did not answer as of yet.
However you decide, be assured i donated for things you already did in the past with no further "obligations" attached. If you decide actual beer is more necessary then a 4.0 sfos phone currently, Cheers!

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os