I'm trying to flash my N900 with no luck. I've tried to flash with:
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f, while holding the u and plugging in.
I also tried to cold flash with
flasher-3.5 -c -h RX-51:2201 -S usb -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f but received the same errors listed here:

<snip>
flashing cmt-mcusw... Sending request 0x50 failed!

Bootloader error log follows:
ERROR: Invalid argument for 'cmt'
ERROR: Error processing request, stalling
ERROR: EP0 STALL sent
ERRO CMT 2nd didn't wake up
ERROR: Error processing request, stalling
ERROR: EP0 STALL sent
ERROR: Premature end of control transfer

I have noticed in the Settings -> General -> About product the version info is <unknown>. Any ideas, to force a flash. Or Is it possible to reformat and start fresh.

Last edited by banter; 2010-11-02 at 03:56.

So I have made a bit of progress. The flash keeps dying at cmt-mcusw. From doing a search noticed that the only items left after cmt-mcusw was the kernel and rootfs. So I extracted the pr1.3 image:

flasher-3.5 -u RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin

then manually installed the kernel with

flasher-3.5 -k zImage -f

and then finally rootfs

flasher-3.5 -r rootfs-jffs2 -f -R

Both installed with no errors. The phone started up fine with the new flash. The only things I noticed was when Settings...About Nokia was selected the settings panel would shut down with an error and the Nokia information screen in Settings shows the version as <unknown>. I tried to flash again using the full bin image but it died again at cmt-mcusw. Question what does cmt-mcusw do, how can I get it installed?

The Following User Says Thank You to banter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by banter View Post
So I have made a bit of progress. The flash keeps dying at cmt-mcusw. From doing a search noticed that the only items left after cmt-mcusw was the kernel and rootfs. So I extracted the pr1.3 image:

flasher-3.5 -u RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin

then manually installed the kernel with

flasher-3.5 -k zImage -f

and then finally rootfs

flasher-3.5 -r rootfs-jffs2 -f -R

Both installed with no errors. The phone started up fine with the new flash. The only things I noticed was when Settings...About Nokia was selected the settings panel would shut down with an error and the Nokia information screen in Settings shows the version as <unknown>. I tried to flash again using the full bin image but it died again at cmt-mcusw. Question what does cmt-mcusw do, how can I get it installed?
Thank you, 12 years later this still works on Ubuntu 22.04 I've managed to resurrect a second-hand N900. Unfortunately there is a new challenge "enter lock code" and have no idea what's the code.

Originally Posted by leon.anavi View Post
Thank you, 12 years later this still works on Ubuntu 22.04 I've managed to resurrect a second-hand N900. Unfortunately there is a new challenge "enter lock code" and have no idea what's the code.
Try this method: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=22