Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
I have noticed that in some apps I only get the proper icon after I install/update something else. It's weird, I know...
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6931

Last edited by Jaffa; 2010-01-08 at 14:47. Reason: Wrong bug!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juxxxer View Post
Hi,

Some more testing:
* When 00:00 you press 'Start' the timer starts
* Then if you for example wait 10s and press stop
* the label in button is 'Continue' at this point

So don't know what people generally think but when pressing 'Continue' I would assume that it goes onwards from this 00:10. But it starts to go down... 00:-09, 00:-08...

So this is a little bit wierd behaviour. Althought I think the idea is good and maybe someone would need that kind of functionality. But maybe the 'Continue' label should be changed or there could be 2 button 'Continue' and something like 'go to 0' or so... So this is usability issue in my mind.

And the minus sign goes a little bit funny place... maybe -00:09, -00:08... or then just leave the minus out. You don't have the minus when pressing for reset - 1 min - Start.

(Altought I'm not sure if you are going to develop this further than just to get the idea to build a sw to N900 or if you want people to test this - but this just came to my mind)

Cheers,
Jux
Thanks for trying this out and reporting the issues.

I originally had it only countdown and the stop at 00:00. However ,yesterday I added a feature that it would start counting up afterwards, so that one could see the amount of the overtime. But I obviously did not think of my "clever" Continue feature, so they are not working nicely together.

What I'm going to do now, is that I will restrict the Continue feature only for countdown. This should also fix the strange minus signs.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Hi, yep, after installing new application after Countdown timer and restarting it started to appear

The Following User Says Thank You to juxxxer For This Useful Post:
countdowntimer.desktop:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.3
Type=Application
Name=Countdown Timer
Exec=/usr/opt/maemo/countdowntimer
Icon=countdowntimer
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
There is the wrong path in the exec. It should just be /opt/... not /usr/opt...

This seems to install countdowntimer in the "correct" (I'm not at all sure if this is the place where it should be) location. But the shortcut won't work and when I try to run it from the terminal, I get the following error even when I'm in the same directory and I can see it there:

Code:
/bin/sh: countdowntimer: not found
If you want to start your app from the command line use the full path or add a symlink to /usr/bin/. The symlink you can create the following command:

Code:
ln -s /opt/maemo/countdowntimer /usr/bin/
to add this functionality to your package you have to add that to the postinst file in the debian folder.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Silly question (maybe) can we send pictures messages from this phone?..

Nicky..

Originally Posted by nicky napkins View Post

Nicky..
at least by far the wrong thread but if you mean MMS, then not by default, but check the news section of maemo.org...there were some post about community projects, which aim that.

Daniel

Originally Posted by nicky napkins View Post

Nicky..
Not at least with this app...

Thanks for trying this out and reporting the issues.

I originally had it only countdown and the stop at 00:00. However ,yesterday I added a feature that it would start counting up afterwards, so that one could see the amount of the overtime. But I obviously did not think of my "clever" Continue feature, so they are not working nicely together.

What I'm going to do now, is that I will restrict the Continue feature only for countdown. This should also fix the strange minus signs.
OK, it should be now fixed. The new package is on the first post as usual.

I'm trying to upload this to Extras, but I got the following error from the autobuilder:
Code:
 *** No rule to make target `../../../sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
What does it mean? What should I do?

Here is the link to see more details and the source files.

Thanks

Hmm... I was all excited about finally succeeding to upload this app to Extras-devel. In my euphoria I even wrote this thread. But now I find out while this app seems to install OK, there is no shortcut or anything. Everything seems to be installed under /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/. I wonder what is wrong this time?

Here is the source.

Last edited by Sasler; 2010-01-10 at 18:54.