Notices

Originally Posted by jobooth View Post
Alright. Call me stupid but I love my mig welders and can't get this installed on my trusty N900. Updated to 1.3 and on CSSU. When I run apt-get install modrana I get
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
modrana: Depends: espeak but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
Seems like a launcher is a no brainer. Why don't more people utilize that approach than?

Last edited by Dirish; 2023-05-30 at 10:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirish For This Useful Post:
Alright. Call me stupid but I can't get this installed on my trusty N900. Updated to 1.3 and on CSSU. When I run apt-get install modrana I get

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jobooth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by jobooth View Post
Alright. Call me stupid but I can't get this installed on my trusty N900. Updated to 1.3 and on CSSU. When I run apt-get install modrana I get
Modrana for N900 is version 0.53.1... All packages are in the repo so you should check which repos are enabled on your device. Otherwise you can still install it by hands - downloading and "dpkg -i"-ing the downloaded packages...
If you want an updated version you can use github repo - I use 0.55.18 on my N900 and it is working fine.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@MartinK - good reasons. Few comments below

For Pure Maps, I am using symlinks to select platform (similar to your UC) and just import using a known symlink name in QML sources. That way QML files are the same and symlink is set while building a package.

I ended up writing bash script for harbour-pure-maps, but that was for command line options support. Not sure whether its store-compatible, but that's a future-me problem.

Obviously there is more flexibility using C++, as you outlined.

Flatpak does require exe (script or something else), indeed. Have been using a script so far.

As for disadvantages - mainly missing noarch and a need to compile the code for distribution. As soon as you start extending with C++ (cannot use plane qmlscene or similar), development will be hit a bit. So, while not really needed, its better to avoid it as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
modRana 0.56.14 has been released !
Unfortunately the screen output is broken, so modRana 0.56.14 is unusable on my Xperia X and Jolla 1 (SFOS versions 3.0.1.11 and 2.2.1.18), see modRana issue #282 at Github for details and screenshots.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Unfortunately the screen output is broken, so modRana 0.56.14 is unusable on my Xperia X and Jolla 1 (SFOS versions 3.0.1.11 and 2.2.1.18), see modRana issue #282 at Github for details and screenshots.
Strange that you have this problems on two devices. I can just check at the moment with my Xperia X (as well on 3.01.11) and for me it works like it should.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I know about the issue on Github and was thinking it's maybe something <3.0.2 specific (even though I really don't know why it would happen this way) and I'm curretly trying to install the new package on some of my other Sailfish OS devices with older SFOS versions. Still, it seems to work with 3.0.1 for others, weird.

Can you maybe try to run it from terminal and send me the output (here ore privately - based on your preference) ? Just launch the terminal and run "harbour-modrana".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Tried just yet on my Jolla 1 with Sailfish OS 3.0.0.5 (Lemmenjoki), package from OpenRepos - seems to work fine. It really looks like some system state specific weirdness might be involved.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
I know about the issue on Github ...
Oh, pitfalls, both technically and socially on multiple levels:
  • As I could (and still can) reproduce this "shifted screen"-issue on two different devices (by hardware and installed SFOS version), I assumed it to be present for many. But as nobody has chimed in to the Github issue or here at TMO, now I believe that it is just me being affected.
  • Sorry for cross-posting this issue yesterday. The intention was to make others aware of this (as most people seem to prefer a forum over a proper issue tracker), not to get on your (@MartinK) nerves (as you likely received a notification from Github, already).
  • Lets continue debugging and discussing the technical aspects of this issue at modRana's issue tracker at Github, e.g. that this issue "funnily" evades debugging.

Last edited by olf; 2019-03-20 at 23:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Oh, pitfalls, both technically and socially on multiple levels:
  • As I could (and still can) reproduce this "shifted screen"-issue on two different devices (by hardware and installed SFOS version), I assumed it to be present for many. But as nobody has chimed in to the Github issue or here at TMO, now I believe that it is just me being affected.
It could still be that many have not set started updating. Alternatively it might be "just you" in the sense of using some sort of UI patch or some other "non standard" software or setting that somehow, via a weird side-effect triggers this behavior.

In any case, weird! But we had issues like this with modRana in the past, that were tracked down to for example to IIRC a version of Sailfish OS with old <5.6 Qt on ported devices.

• Sorry for cross-posting this issue yesterday. The intention was to make others aware of this (as most people seem to prefer a forum over a proper issue tracker), not to get on your (@MartinK) nerves (as you likely received a notification from Github, already).
No problem with cross-posting at all & I do know about the issue on GitHub. I simply was too busy to properly analyze it yet and posting a quick comment here on the thread was simply the quickest thing to do.

Sure, that sounds reasonable. I have a few suggestions what to try & will take a look at the logs you have attached to the issue (thanks! ).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps