Thanks for all the info in this post!

I use USBModem instead of pdanet (because they have a Windows focus and I use a Linux desktop). At first I wasn't able to connect with your suggestions. The phone was paired, the connection was set, it would start to connect but then just die.

I checked to see if a new version of USBmodem was available. It was. I went from 1.50 to 1.56 and set it into background mode and disabled the built-in DUN through the software.

Presto!!!! I now have connectivity via my phone.

+1 for Treo700p & N800 on Verizon Wireless

If I can be of any help, just ask.

Now I just have to sync my contacts

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Northeast USA
Does anyone have any experience getting DUN to work on a verizon phone without PDANet by *gasp* paying for the extra "tethering option" that verizon offers now?

I am preparing to upgrade my phone and am considering a motorola Q and would like to know if anyone has had stable connections with the Q either with or without pdanet. The listing of phones on maemo.org doesn't mention the Q at all.

--J

Hooray, I did it too. I could not get to the internet with the treo alone or with pdanet. However when I loaded usbmodem, disabled the treo's built in dun, it connected without problems. Now to get java and citrix client and I will be happy.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ

i am now able to connect with verizon on my 700p using the tethered mode hack as described in treocentral also i updated the bt stack from maemo.org before doing as described here (pdanet was a bust)

I am able to use this method for Bluetooth DUN with my LG5300 phone with verizon. I don't use it much though, since I don't want to pay $60.00 a month for the data plan. It did use my minutes once I connected. I am not clear how verizon feels about this.

Using a 700P with the VZW dun plan. 700P is running the VZW Maintenance Release 1. Used the Verizon carrier setup and pairs fine. First connect attempt sometimes seems to fail but second connect attempt works fine.

I'm still having problems getting this to work on my 770 with Verizon and PDA Planet on my Treo 700p. Any advice is appreciated. The devices pair with one another just fine, but when I try to actually connect, the 770 can't connect to the palm's internet service.

I tried Sprint like someone suggested, but it doesn't show up in the selectable options.. T-Mobile shows up, but it wont connect...

And lately, my treo simply locks up whenever I try to initiate the connection from my 770

Last edited by dep; 2007-09-06 at 14:03.

I have a Treo 700p with Verizon, I can't get an Internet connection despite following the steps outlined in this thread.

I went through the steps described in an earlier post: the set-up wizard under "Connectivity" -> "Phone" in the Nokia. I use the "Verizon Wireless" choice in the drop down menu. All is well: they appear to be paired OK - both devices list each other as trusted devices

The phone will come up under "Select Connections" on the Nokia, and a connection progress box will appear on the phone side, but the Nokia bails with an "Internet Connection Failed."

I got it to work once but only once. Now it fails every time.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

This might be a stupid question... do you have the tethering plan from Verizon? It is like $15 extra. You need that plan to be able to tether your phone with the Nokia.