Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Ok, v1.0 is complete! Here's the .deb.

I'd really appreciate if someone could convert it to extras-friendly format, so I can upload it to extras-devel.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/805039/theme-hitech_all.deb

Updated the OP with final pictures.
Great theme, thanks! But...

I got this while installing:
Code:
~ $ rootsh dpkg -i MyDocs/.documents/theme-hitech_all.deb 
Selecting previously deselected package theme-hitech.
(Reading database ... 20928 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking theme-hitech (from .../theme-hitech_all.deb) ...
Setting up theme-hitech (1.00) ...
Generating /usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.cache
Generating /usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.input_method.cache
/usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:2501: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "../images/LockSliderTop.png"
/usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:2503: Background image options specified without filename
/usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:2508: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "../images/LockSliderBottom.png"
/usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:2510: Background image options specified without filename
/usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:2515: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "../images/LockSliderThumbPortrait.png"
/usr/share/themes/theme-hitech/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:2516: Background image options specified without filename

Done!
~ $
And some problems:

The black background looks a little bland. :/

Compare this:

With:

Two problems:
  • You can't see what you've selected;
  • the title is chopped off!

With HildonBanners, the colour for displaying the text is too similar to the colour of the background, IMHO.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I'll look into these ASAP. I suspect that the missing title is a Theme Maker issue though.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
The black background looks a little bland. :/
That's not a bug, it's a feature.

You are free to change the backround, menu backround is the same image but with some blur and whatnot

With HildonBanners, the colour for displaying the text is too similar to the colour of the background, IMHO.
I'm not sure if that font uses ReversedTextColor or NotificationTextColor, I need to look into this

Two problems:
  • You can't see what you've selected;
  • the title is chopped off!
I can confirm, these are issues of the Theme Maker, not my image files.

Here are the two "templates" that come bundled with TM, try installing them and you'll see (hopefully) that they contain the same bugs:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/805039/maemo/temp_all.deb
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/805039/ma...mplate_all.deb

I think I need to bother konttori with these and file him a bug report...

There's something wrong with this image, it's not using the custom theming on the top bar or the task switcher icon. Did you try to reboot the device?

Last edited by joppu; 2009-10-12 at 17:33.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Here are the 3 files you need to upload to extras-devel, I make no promises that they will work but if they don't I'll fix them for you.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2240466/S..._1.0-1.changes
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2240466/S...tech_1.0-1.dsc
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2240466/S...h_1.0-1.tar.gz

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Sorry, but I can't upload it yet. The lack of hilighting in certain menus is a blocker issue. I need to wait until Theme Maker is updated with this issue fixed and release theme version 1.01 before I can upload it to extras.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm very much looking forward to seeing this theme complete and working. I can't wait.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Sorry, but I can't upload it yet. The lack of hilighting in certain menus is a blocker issue. I need to wait until Theme Maker is updated with this issue fixed and release theme version 1.01 before I can upload it to extras.
It might be some time before theme maker is fixed but all it really does is cuts the images apart and builds the package for you. You should be able to hand edit what image is wrong.

Edit: Unless its not a image problem I'll dig around your source and see what I can find. Images all look good got to be in gtk-2.0 files I'm looking through them now but I really need a copy of the files from the default fremantle theme to compare.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2009-10-13 at 14:01.

Perhaps someone with SSH access and the real device could copy them over?

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I love grid backgrounds! Even abstract. Becaue they're harmonious it doesn't matter to the eye how much of the background is missing.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ shanghai CHAINA
i also make theme use theme maker 1.2.3 。but i failed。i can't find a .deb file。could you help me?my email :kabu.java@hotmail.com,could you tell me how can you successful,
i will have waited for your message

Tags
align grid, fremantle, theme release