Notices

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I don't experience any unresponsiveness when downloading. It may take slightly longer to fetch the feed if you have a slow internet connection, but other than that, I don't see any problem.

The only unresponsiveness I get is when the list of items gets quite large. The scrolling becomes a little 'sticky', and it takes a split second longer to respond to screen taps on the list items. I don't know if there's a solution to this. I'm considering reworking the UI using QML in future, so I'll look at this in more detail at that point.
Hi marxian, thanks for the app. I have experienced this "stickiness" issue even when I have only one video in the download queue. My device is running at 500-750MHz so the slowdown in UI should not be this noticeable. I am guessing you didn't turn "download immediately" on, is that correct? I have the option ticked and this might be why.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The star-based rating is deprecated, following the introduction of the like/dislike system used by the website. This means that they will eventually get rid of the star ratings completely, so it's better to stick to what I'm using now, otherwise I'll have to change it back again.
Fair doo's, how about a number of like's n dislike's in the thumbnails? Is that possible?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i am so always wondering why this thread is so active. so i reserved a moment to download it and found out why.

this youtube client is so awesome, and it can handle multiple accounts!!!

Geezus!!!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
can you add proxy feature to cutetube,i want recommend it to my chinese friend,in china they can't direct access youtube.thank you very much

I've been trying many Yt clients, but this one is the best by far.
Keep up the good work.

Hmm, don't know what I'm doing wrong. Have the latest cutetube and kmplayer from extras-devel but no videos play when I hit play. Even after giving it a minute to buffer.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
I have had this installed previously, then removed it when a new version came out just so i could start fresh.

Now I get the attached errors when trying to install http://twitpic.com/3gdbes

Anyone know what i need to install first ?

Just a question about cutetube and facebook. Is it possible for cutetube to post a video to facebook that can be watched on facebook as at the moment it just posts a video link to youtube. This makes people having to load up the youtube website on their computer/phone.

heyhey,
i have a problem to start cutetube. i reinstalled it 2 times but it did not help. There seems to be a problem with qt but there is no apt-get install qtwebkit

here is the log from terminal :

Nokia-N900:~# python /opt/cutetube/cutetube.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cutetube/cutetube.py", line 4, in <module>
import homewindow
File "/opt/cutetube/homewindow.py", line 11, in <module>
import myaccountwindow
File "/opt/cutetube/myaccountwindow.py", line 13, in <module>
import cutetubewindows
File "/opt/cutetube/cutetubewindows.py", line 11, in <module>
from videoinfowindow import VideoInfoWindow
File "/opt/cutetube/videoinfowindow.py", line 15, in <module>