Notices

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The download menu option will appear on all windows (except the video info window), once a video is added to the download queue. When a video is added to the download queue, a signal is emitted to all parent windows. Those windows then set the download menu option to become visible. This behaviour has not changed since the first release.
Ok at this moment I am downloading a video. I moved back to the "home screen" and hitting the cuteTube at the top gives me, settings, manage accounts and about but nothing for downloads. So from here I can click on my channel, most recent, most viewed or do another search and from those screens I can check my download status. I was hoping to be able to see it from this home screen...anyway its just a minor thing I want in a great app so I will not complain if things are as you want them to be.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The downloads option appears in the menu on my home window:

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The downloads option appears in the menu on my home window:

argg here I go again...it is for sure not showing on mine. also I am not connected to the internet, but when I fire up the app it says I am "signed into youtube as (my username)", hmm whould it say that?

ah ha...If I just select the video click download from where my 2 options are view or download, the download shows up on the home screen. but If I take a download via the multi select feature, the download option is not on the main screen.....while I am here one more request? ability to selectively delete downloads in the queue?

right now I just see an option for clearing all. what if you selected 10 video's and then you notice as they are sitting in the queue that you selected a few wrong ones? any way to selectively delete those before they download without clearing the queue? thanks much...

Last edited by extendedping; 2010-12-14 at 22:35.

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
ah ha...If I just select the video click download from where my 2 options are view or download, the download shows up on the home screen. but If I take a download via the multi select feature, the download option is not on the main screen.....while I am here one more request? ability to selectively delete downloads in the queue?
It appears for me in both cases.

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
while I am here one more request? ability to selectively delete downloads in the queue?
You can cancel (but not delete) individual downloads:

There will be some further tweaks to the UI over coming releases.

My website

GitHub

Nice work on the app marxian.

Whereabouts in Wigan are you from? - I didn't think there'd be two N900 users in Wigan!

Originally Posted by Sash View Post
Nice work on the app marxian.

Whereabouts in Wigan are you from? - I didn't think there'd be two N900 users in Wigan!
I live right near the town centre. I used to live in Hindley. You can find me on the N900 map: http://pininthemap.com/maemo

My website

GitHub

Still won't play vids on 3G

This app gets better and better. Only waiting for the ability to download the audio only through it then it will be perfect.

Excellent work Marxian

I still can't see downloads from main screen. well time to use the app now, it really is a great addition to the phone.

Tags
youtube